Any Way PSU Game is Called?

I think the entire stadium wearing black would send a HUGE message to the world, the disgust for this whole deal. The stadium, which is normally all white would be a huge STATEMENT if it showed up in only black. A game of morning and outcry if you will. Just my thought, anyone else?

Like all the other ideas involving this "trend" too stupid for words.

I think the entire stadium wearing black would send a HUGE message to the world, the disgust for this whole deal. The stadium, which is normally all white would be a huge STATEMENT if it showed up in only black. A game of morning and outcry if you will. Just my thought, anyone else?

Too stupid for words? Stupid like showing up in your PSU jersey like nothing happened?

Just think of this. We squabble and bicker and fight each other about why we lost football games, if Bo should be fired or not, or how much playing time Brion Carnes should get, or why our defense is bad this year...

Can not imagine what those who support Penn State are going through.

It's like every 'scandal' we've had in the past 50 years all happening at once, x 100. I feel sorry for them. No matter what, the fans don't deserve this.

Listen, this whole thing is a lose lose situation. People that show up to support a football team of 18-22 year olds that had nothing to do with shouldn't be scrutinized for doing so. In the same respect those that feel very deeply for the victims, and decide to not support the program as usual for the time being have the right to do so.

You won't get a collaborative effort on either end though. The feelings on this are so to hard work through that even in my own mind I go back and fourth on what I think should be done.

In the end though I believe that in this situation, the leaders of a program hold the fate of those below them. In this case it is student athletes. Whatever happens to them is sad, collateral damage.

Too stupid for words? Stupid like showing up in your PSU jersey like nothing happened?

Which is why this game in my opinion might be cancelled. See the topic

It's almost as if someone wants JoPa out bad. A lot of this happened many many years ago, but it's now just coming to light? It's somewhat comparable to the sexual assault allegations against Herman Cain. Many of them happened so long ago, why are they just coming to light?

Not terribly similar. Cain is running for president EVERYTHING in you past comes out.

Penn St. was under investigation for 3 years by the state of Pennsylvania and they just announced their findings.

It's almost as if someone wants JoPa out bad. A lot of this happened many many years ago, but it's now just coming to light? It's somewhat comparable to the sexual assault allegations against Herman Cain. Many of them happened so long ago, why are they just coming to light?

It's not comparable at all. If you think someone at penn state is using this to free themselves from Paterno, well... :facepalm:

Charges being filed and trials being imminent tend to bring stuff like this out in the light, nothing more. Just as presidential candidacy gets people going over your lifetime records.

• Fire 1

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems like some are overreacting here. Possibly cancelling games is absurd!

While horrible things happened, and I am in no way trying to undermine the atrocities that have been committed, why would any of the focus be on the football TEAM itself? Nothing done was an NCAA violation (assuming no ethical rules exist for loopholes) and that is all that matters on this. If PSU wanted to fire everyone involved, fine. If everyone involved was arrested and charged with a crime, fine.

It's like a fry cook getting a DUI and getting locked up(arbitrary example, NOT a direct comparison regarding severity). McDonalds is not going to stop making fries because the fry cook and is in jail because people are smart enough to differentiate the two. While people may not want to eat their fries after the incident it should have no bearing on those that are willing to stick it out and have kept their noses clean.

College football is a year-round effort of blood, sweat, and tears. To take that all away at this point is just cruel. The players have earned the right to finish.

• Fire 2

No way in hell Jo Pa is running out that tunnel on Saturday...no freakin way!!! I think the game will be played, but given the events of today and the way they are shutting down all access to the media by anyone involved, the school will have all parties even remotely mentioned in this investigation on some sort of leave or suspension or gone before kickoff. There's just no way in hell they allow any sort of public spectacle out of any of this. And the only way to ensure that is to either 1) remove the people from the situation or 2) cancel the situation.

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems like some are overreacting here. Possibly cancelling games is absurd!

While horrible things happened, and I am in no way trying to undermine the atrocities that have been committed, why would any of the focus be on the football TEAM itself? Nothing done was an NCAA violation (assuming no ethical rules exist for loopholes) and that is all that matters on this. If PSU wanted to fire everyone involved, fine. If everyone involved was arrested and charged with a crime, fine.

It's like a fry cook getting a DUI and getting locked up(arbitrary example, NOT a direct comparison regarding severity). McDonalds is not going to stop making fries because the fry cook and is in jail because people are smart enough to differentiate the two. While people may not want to eat their fries after the incident it should have no bearing on those that are willing to stick it out and have kept their noses clean.

College football is a year-round effort of blood, sweat, and tears. To take that all away at this point is just cruel. The players have earned the right to finish.

^^This.

Because the staff knew, and they are about to get canned likely in the next few days and the entire athletic department (and probably the university as a whole) is going to be reeling from this for awhile. I'm sure as an institution the last thing the people that oversee penn state are thinking about at this point is 3 games for the football players.

Yeah playing the games is probably what the football team wants, but they are going to be dealing with a lot of things they probably don't deserve if they do. including hundreds of reporters asking them about child sexual abuse that was going on and their relation to it, as well as fan disgust, ect... Post game press conferences about raping kids doesn't seem fair to them either.