Any Way PSU Game is Called?

I don't follow things nearly as closely as some/a lot of you do. From what little I've heard, JoePa learned of an indiscretion back in like 2002 and turned it into the powers that be. He's not being sought after criminally in any way. I don't believe any of his current staff is either. If this is correct, what kind of message would it really send by cancelling the game? Why punish the innocent? Those directly involved have stepped down and are not directly involved any longer. I see no reason to cancel the game.

Just to play devil's advocate because I don't know what they will do one way or the other, but I think the message it sends is that: if you have 2 members of your football staff (at least) that knew about this for years, and basically still associated themselves with someone they knew was a child raping sex offender while not turning it into authorities it will not be tolerated. As a rational person I'd have a hard time believing that the WR coach and JoePa were the only two who knew about these things as well. You don't think there was probably a few people around the office that had heard about Jerry? and maybe not to let him around their kids? The administration at PSU will be canning the chancellor, the AD is already gone, I'd assume Joe Pa and his entire staff is gone and probably anyone else who they figure out had knowledge and was complicit in covering it up. It's very much a legal issue for those indicted, but even those that weren't indicted aren't going to keep their jobs because they were still complicit.

At that point who is going to be leading this team? does the university want to go ahead and put themselves out there for 4 hour broadcasts of coachless players and a recounting of how the penn state athletic department was responsible for covering up the rape of a child and continuned association with the accused ex-coach for almost a decade?

I don't follow things nearly as closely as some/a lot of you do. From what little I've heard, JoePa learned of an indiscretion back in like 2002 and turned it into the powers that be. He's not being sought after criminally in any way. I don't believe any of his current staff is either. If this is correct, what kind of message would it really send by cancelling the game? Why punish the innocent? Those directly involved have stepped down and are not directly involved any longer. I see no reason to cancel the game.

It wasn't little and couldn't be described as an indiscretion. I don't think this should cancel the game but to play down JoePa's involvment is truly burrying your head in the sand. He knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. Authorities should have been involved. How many other victims were created because no one stepped in to truly put a stop to it?

I think we all know now that it wasn't just a little indiscretion. However, it really comes down to what JoePa actually knew. From what little I read, a GA came to him and told him that he witnessed inappropriate behavior. JoePa in turn met with his superior and told him the same thing. I have yet to hear of any evidence that JoePa knew anything beyond this. From what I've read, JoePa wasn't even at the meeting where his GA met with JoePa's superior. It doesn't seem to me that JoePa tried to cover anything up. This was all done by powers above JoePa.

It wasn't little and couldn't be described as an indiscretion. I don't think this should cancel the game but to play down JoePa's involvment is truly burrying your head in the sand. He knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it. Authorities should have been involved. How many other victims were created because no one stepped in to truly put a stop to it?

I think we all know now that it wasn't just a little indiscretion. However, it really comes down to what JoePa actually knew. From what little I read, a GA came to him and told him that he witnessed inappropriate behavior. JoePa in turn met with his superior and told him the same thing. I have yet to hear of any evidence that JoePa knew anything beyond this. From what I've read, JoePa wasn't even at the meeting where his GA met with JoePa's superior. It doesn't seem to me that JoePa tried to cover anything up. This was all done by powers above JoePa.

From the sound of things, it's somewhere in the middle.

Paterno wasn't actively trying to cover it up, but he wasn't doing anything to put a stop to it or bring it to the proper light, either.

WHY would they cancel the game? If that's the case, WHY would they cancel the press conference? No players or current coaches are indicted are they? Current coaches heavily involved in the cover up including head coach Joe Paterno. And if they were they would be suspended, and the game would go on anyway. This is actually what I think will happen. The suggestion that they need to cancel the game sounds to me like the OP might be hoping they do because he don't believe we can win on the field. I never said they should cancel the game...in fact I'm not sure where I come down on the subject. I simply asked if it was possible. And trust me, this has nothing to do with winning or losing...that is absurd and really makes me question whether you are familiar with the severity of the situation. Why else would anyone suggest they cancel a football game for something totally unrelated to the current program? Again, never suggested it. But if you think this is "totally unrelated to the current program" you obviously need to read up a little more before weighing in on the subject.

It's almost as if someone wants JoPa out bad. A lot of this happened many many years ago, but it's now just coming to light? It's somewhat comparable to the sexual assault allegations against Herman Cain. Many of them happened so long ago, why are they just coming to light?

These investigations take an incredibly long time.

"Joe Paterno had a team meeting Monday, told the players HE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JERRY SANDUSKY, everything came as a surprise to him ... asst coach McQueary was "distraught" and told his players he might be gone before Saturday's game." That's what Kim Jones of Yes (in Happy Valley) just said on WFAN radio

"Joe Paterno had a team meeting Monday, told the players HE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT JERRY SANDUSKY, everything came as a surprise to him ... asst coach McQueary was "distraught" and told his players he might be gone before Saturday's game." That's what Kim Jones of Yes (in Happy Valley) just said on WFAN radio

If this is true - It makes sense why the report came out that he may be working on an exit strategy.

The only change this might have on Saturday is that JoePa might not be coaching the game.

There is a 0% chance that they call off the game.

I wouldn't say 0%. I think if for some reason if they have to fire the entire staff then they will call the game, but that is a pretty big "IF". I hope they don't as a Husker fan, our team needs the playing time. If the fan boycott holds out, it may get blacked out on ESPN. I will say I don't expect Paterno to be the head coach by gametime.