More Ridiculousness on the O-Line

the team sounds like they are really close.. they seem like they are family, they always say we have yet to see their best stuff on the field... maybe for some odd reason they are just maybe to confident (ironicly) in what they believe they can do from what is accomplished in practice... losing seems like a shock (which it should be).. i get the feeling that maybe they jsut assume they will win because of how good they really truly are (which i believe)...... they need to put it into practice come sats. however

I think we're basing this idea that Choi is the better player on one really good block he had.

Go back and look at Choi vs. Washington. He had an incredible game. Pulling ability and speed to progress and chip linebackers is very evident, not just his brute strength. He's very talented.

"We just beat ourselves," he said. "It was a little bit of everything. Not being focused. Lack of energy. Lack of effort. Everything."

When we read quotes like that then we have serious coaching problems. If coaches cannot convey the need to play hard to their players and allow their players to be this unrealistic and arrogant (from players and from a team that has done NOTHING --- absolutely NOTHING to warrant over-confidence) then... wow.

Folks we have a team that cannot get motivated to play with intensity and focus... pretty much week after week (with rare exceptions). Lets hope this week coming up is an exception.

"We just beat ourselves," he said. "It was a little bit of everything. Not being focused. Lack of energy. Lack of effort. Everything."

When we read quotes like that then we have serious coaching problems. If coaches cannot convey the need to play hard to their players and allow their players to be this unrealistic and arrogant (from players and from a team that has done NOTHING --- absolutely NOTHING to warrant over-confidence) then... wow.

Folks we have a team that cannot get motivated to play with intensity and focus... pretty much week after week (with rare exceptions). Lets hope this week coming up is an exception.

And here's the sad sad part about all this: Bo comes out and constantly rails on the fans and media. Now what? This is some serious egg on his face. No if's and's or but's. The next time he gets up on that podium and tells Chatelain to shut up Chatelain needs to fire back and ask him why he can't motivate his team and play with any sort of consistency. "We didn't execute"? No $hit Sherlock. We now know why. Forget about tackling - you can't get these guys to screw their heads on straight!

This little issue that Yoshi states would end up being the reason that this team couldn't even make it to the B1GC in one of the WORST years in the history of the B1G - with the crappiest collection of mediocre teams that I can remember! That's what makes me mad.

• Fire 1

If coaches cannot convey the need to play hard to their players and allow their players to be this unrealistic and arrogant (from players and from a team that has done NOTHING --- absolutely NOTHING to warrant over-confidence) then... wow.

This is a pretty big over-generalization. So far, that's two players. Out of how many that played? More than 50 I'd guess. Yes, there were others who had a bad game but that doesn't mean the coaches weren't trying to get them going. Pretty sure I read last week where the coaches specifically said they were telling the players not to over-look Northwestern.

Coaches do what they can to motivate but it still comes down to the player. If a player can't get themselves ready, I don't know what a coach is supposed to do. Yes, that could also mean that the coaches could be putting someone else in the game but people saying coaches have to get everyone motiviated has never made much sense to me.

Again..... I haven't seen the link to this "[Yoshi] didn't even watch game film that week".

I find that to be grounds for Yoshi's dismissal. If not, then Bo is not the person I think he is.... and all his tough talk is just empty noise.

I don't think anyone ever said "Yoshi didn't even watch game film that week." You're making a jump on that one. Several comments from Yoshi and A-Rod are in this OWH article. I think you can blame the coaches for not realizing Yoshi was hurt, if that's what was causing the problem. It would be different if we didn't have anyone else (which was the claim last year) but his backup STARTED EVERY GAME LAST YEAR and now barely gets in.

Yoshi and A-Rod both got pulled after the failed fourth down with about 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I'd say that was the worst effort I've ever seen but that would imply that they actually put effort into the play. They BOTH looked at TWO different defenders but NEITHER made any attempt to block either one! At least they got pulled after than and didn't get back in (I don't think) but apparently Yoshi is back with the first team so we'll see if it made any difference.

I think we're basing this idea that Choi is the better player on one really good block he had.

I agree. I've seen him completely whiff on a block and the player he missed end up making a TFL.

I think if you go back and watch the two of them, you would see that A-Rod's problem was just one game and Choi is a lot more than just one block.

It appears to me it goes back to recruiting, who we recruit, why they were recruited, their attitude and self discipline.

It used to be the greatest honor to get a offer from Nebraska, because of our historical work effort, developling great players from walk ons and the like. Maybe we need more walkons to develop the killer attitude again, but something is wrong with this team/program as this is a recurring situation every year.

There is no excuse for not being ready and excited to play at Nebraska. If they are taking games off, how often do the they take practices off, do they really see the films if not required to be in a certain area at a certain time. Maybe we are to new wave and need more discipline to get the idea accross.

It just does not make sense, I know Bo is very motivated, maybe overly motivated at times, you would think the team would develop his personality, his fire, his aggressiveness. Or is it he is too aggressive and they no longer fear the consequences as they have seen them far too often. I have no idea, but I do believe we have serious problems with this team and staff.

It appears to me it goes back to recruiting, who we recruit, why they were recruited, their attitude and self discipline.

It used to be the greatest honor to get a offer from Nebraska, because of our historical work effort, developling great players from walk ons and the like. Maybe we need more walkons to develop the killer attitude again, but something is wrong with this team/program as this is a recurring situation every year.

There is no excuse for not being ready and excited to play at Nebraska. If they are taking games off, how often do the they take practices off, do they really see the films if not required to be in a certain area at a certain time. Maybe we are to new wave and need more discipline to get the idea accross.

It just does not make sense, I know Bo is very motivated, maybe overly motivated at times, you would think the team would develop his personality, his fire, his aggressiveness. Or is it he is too aggressive and they no longer fear the consequences as they have seen them far too often. I have no idea, but I do believe we have serious problems with this team and staff.

I think you're right that recruiting is the main problem. His 1st class sucked (it was a messy time.....not all on him) but his 2nd class was only poor to average. His 3rd class average. However, last year was an excellent class. If he can hack that a few more years he'll right the ship imo.

GBR!!

They took a game off.

Which means they took a bunch of practices off.

Makes me sick really.

No wonder every time I hear Jason Peter talk he's fuming about what goes on over there. You'd think Callahan & Cosgrove were still in the house. All the stuff JP talks about are effort related - not so much talent related. He KNOWS it when he sees it and I've never heard him even once say anything that he's happy about. For instance, the handing out of 22 BlackShirts. TWENTY TWO??!! Really? Fisher gets one? SJB gets one? Courtney Osborne gets one?

This is a joke.

BlackShirts is a time honored tradition that went to the 11 starters, not to guys who made courtesy appearances :steam .

• Fire 1