Should the Huskers boycott the game?

Just when you think you've heard it all regarding this scandal now PSU has to deal with the folks from Westboro-incredible!

http://www.lostlette...to-protest-psu/

Not to make light of this situation or the ass hat Westboro group but, if we're lucky, Darwin may come to the rescue here. Scene- Westboro ass hats carry signs or make comments about Paterno or pedophiles, this diverts any possible attention away from people wearing red, a huge mob turns angry on Westboro group, Westboro group is finally eradicated from earth. Just one possible ray of sunshine in this otherwise disturbing debacle.

Sorry- getting burned out on the doom & gloom aspects of all this.

The moral and ethical thing to do is not to go and play this game.

Says who???

What does that help and how??

Punish the travel agencies, the restaurants, the fans? Punish Rex Burkhead for his part in this? Give the whole team a self imposed one game suspension for what they did or didn't do in the Penn State shower room?

If you want to do something for real, then step away from the computer, and go sign up to be a Big Pal, a Scout leader, or similar. Give kids an adult to hang around other than people like Sandusky.

Otherwise, go climb a hilltop, light a candle, take a picture and put in on Facebook. That might make you feel better. Leave the rest of us alone, we were each issued with our own conscience, no need to loan out yours.

• Fire 1

How is punishing people who had nothing to do with any of it the moral thing to do?

There are going to be hardships for the innocent Penn State players. That is tragic. It is not of Nebraska's doing. And symbolically showing the players of Penn State what we stand for, might be lifelong lesson, not a punishment. What is more benevolent, setting a good example that will stick in someone's mind for life, or letting them play you a game of football? Was it right to boycott the 1980 Olympics? I think it was. There were quite a few innocents there too.

That just seems self-righteous to me. Showing the players what we stand for? I'm willing to bet most of the players at Penn State don't condone what went on. I bet they're as appalled as anyone. I'm also pretty certain they more embarrassed than anyone. Boycotting the game doesn't teach them squat.

Just when you think you've heard it all regarding this scandal now PSU has to deal with the folks from Westboro-incredible!

http://www.lostlette...to-protest-psu/

Not to make light of this situation or the ass hat Westboro group but, if we're lucky, Darwin may come to the rescue here. Scene- Westboro ass hats carry signs or make comments about Paterno or pedophiles, this diverts any possible attention away from people wearing red, a huge mob turns angry on Westboro group, Westboro group is finally eradicated from earth. Just one possible ray of sunshine in this otherwise disturbing debacle.

Sorry- getting burned out on the doom & gloom aspects of all this.

We can certainly hope...

I don't genuinely wish death upon too many people, but for the WBC congregation, death is the nicest thing I could wish upon them.

I am watching NBC sportstalk with a guest that authors a blog (?) "Sports by Brooks" Its apparent that Penn State is not interested in institutional change; keeping every coach they can including McQueary, and turning the program over to a LONG time Penn State assistant and athlete. Also Barry Switzer says "Every member of that coaching staff had to know." which I totally believe. It is likely JoPa let Sandusky coach the rest of the 98 season knowing that boys were being taken along for team trips including to the Alamo bowl where a rape also occurred. They have not cleaned house, personally I don't take that very well. I can't see going about business as usual and playing them in football till every member of that staff is gone. I am also in a personal quandary about watching or listening to the game.

Says who???

Punish the travel agencies, the restaurants, the fans? Punish Rex Burkhead for his part in this? Give the whole team a self imposed one game suspension for what they did or didn't do in the Penn State shower room?

If you want to do something for real, then step away from the computer, and go sign up to be a Big Pal, a Scout leader, or similar. Give kids an adult to hang around other than people like Sandusky.

Otherwise, go climb a hilltop, light a candle, take a picture and put in on Facebook. That might make you feel better. Leave the rest of us alone, we were each issued with our own conscience, no need to loan out yours.

I have two boys I am raising so you can kiss my ass

I am watching NBC sportstalk with a guest that authors a blog (?) "Sports by Brooks" Its apparent that Penn State is not interested in institutional change; keeping every coach they can including McQueary, and turning the program over to a LONG time Penn State assistant and athlete. Also Barry Switzer says "Every member of that coaching staff had to know." which I totally believe. It is likely JoPa let Sandusky coach the rest of the 98 season knowing that boys were being taken along for team trips including to the Alamo bowl where a rape also occurred. They have not cleaned house, personally I don't take that very well. I can't see going about business as usual and playing them in football till every member of that staff is gone. I am also in a personal quandary about watching or listening to the game.

We don't know for sure, and it's not our place to assume anything about their moral fiber.

Before, I could cut the self-righteousness in your posts with a knife. Funny, now I can cut the hypocrisy with a knife too.

You think you're the only one on this message board who has children?

No, you're just the only one with children who thinks you're morally superior to everyone else... which is rather ironic, considering that personally attacking someone for having opinion that differs from yours is not a particularly moral thing to do.

WTF does that have to do with it. Very few people agree with your simpleton idea. Get over it. You do not own the moral high ground in this debate. You have simply self proclaimed yourself the moral authority and nobody else buys it. Go ahead and follow your own advice and pucker up.

Says who???

Personal attacks against members is prohibitied. A second violation will result in a suspension. A third in a ban.

To all members - first, thanks to the membership. With only a VERY few exceptions, everyone has expressed their thoughts and opinions about the Penn State situation in an exemplary manner. This situation concerns events that naturally will provoke heart-felt emotions. That most of the members have been able to keep their heads and respond appropriately just reaffirms that we have the best membership possible. We can't thank you enough.

Second - let's keep it this way. What is happening at Penn State is a tragedy in so many ways, and first and foremost in the toll to the victims. Jokes, insults, insensitivity serve no purpose, and will be delt with accordingly.

Again, the Admins and Mods of Huskerboard want to thank the members for their sensitivity and restraint. You make this the Board it is.

• Fire 1