Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

I wouldn't be surprised if they forfeit the wins for those seasons as well. Because I bet the NCAA doesn't want the winningest coach to be attached to a scandel like this.

Why on earth would they do that? You require a team to forfeit wins when it does something contrary to the rules that gives it a competitive advantage it should not have had. An ex-assistant coach molesting boys has nothing to do with winning football games. Should all of the NCAA and NFL teams with players convicted of felonies (way too many to count) be required to forfeit their wins? Sorry, that's just stupid.

Did you all hear the guys on gameday throw out Tony Dungy's name for PSU HC? I don't know that he'd ever take the job but that'd be amazing. He's one of the few guys in my mind that could halfway restore credibility to the program...

I heard Corso throw this out there and then I heard Dez and Herbie basically tell Corso he's crazy and that PSU would struggle BAD from all of this. Then I heard Corso drop an F-Bomb. :D

Did you all hear the guys on gameday throw out Tony Dungy's name for PSU HC? I don't know that he'd ever take the job but that'd be amazing. He's one of the few guys in my mind that could halfway restore credibility to the program...

Really? How about Gandi or Mother Theresa? Could they also halfway restore credibility in your mind? Or is Mother Theresa out, given her connections to the catholic church?

Really? How about Gandi or Mother Theresa? Could they also halfway restore credibility in your mind? Or is Mother Theresa out, given her connections to the catholic church?

Chill dude

Chill dude

No serious. You wrote that there are only a few coaches who could restore even marginal credibility to PSU. So it's no stretch to ask who you think they are and why. Is that a problem?

Chill dude

No serious. You wrote that there are only a few coaches who could restore even marginal credibility to PSU. So it's no stretch to ask who you think they are and why. Is that a problem?

It's not a problem but your response seemed awfully defensive. I didn't mean my post to be seen as an attack, I'm just saying I'd like to see PSU recover and get back to the standard we thought Paterno had them at and I think Dungy is just a classy guy who could me that happen...and as far as naming a few other candidates I don't think any compare to Dungy, the man is in a class of his own when it comes to developing character and staying on the moral highground.

Chill dude

It's not a problem but your response seemed awfully defensive. I didn't mean my post to be seen as an attack, I'm just saying I'd like to see PSU recover and get back to the standard we thought Paterno had them at and I think Dungy is just a classy guy who could me that happen...and as far as naming a few other candidates I don't think any compare to Dungy, the man is in a class of his own when it comes to developing character and staying on the moral highground.

Well OK. I gave you a chance to elaborate on your position and you ducked it. As to Tony Dungy occupying moral high ground, that's your opinon (which seems to be religious based). Others might disagree. Personally, I think Tony is prolly a decent guy. as a practicing christian. But then so is Paterno.

Chill dude

Well OK. I gave you a chance to elaborate on your position and you ducked it. As to Tony Dungy occupying moral high ground, that's your opinon (which seems to be religious based). Others might disagree. Personally, I think Tony is prolly a decent guy. as a practicing christian. But then so is Paterno.

You misread me completely and you're still doing it...my fondness of Dungy doesn't come from anything religious. He's just a stand up guy all around, from his mentoring of troubled players to his civic involvement, for you to key in on religion really says something about you because I didn't bring it up once. Sounds like you have something against the guy to get so worked up about it....and how did I "duck" it? I didn't name the "few"?...I was using that more as one would use such a phrase in casual discussion. Do I literally have a frickn' list of candidates I'd like to see interview for the PSU job? No, I don't give two sh*ts about that.

Anyhow, I really don't get why this is an issue with you.

I wouldn't be surprised if they forfeit the wins for those seasons as well. Because I bet the NCAA doesn't want the winningest coach to be attached to a scandel like this.

Why on earth would they do that? You require a team to forfeit wins when it does something contrary to the rules that gives it a competitive advantage it should not have had. An ex-assistant coach molesting boys has nothing to do with winning football games. Should all of the NCAA and NFL teams with players convicted of felonies (way too many to count) be required to forfeit their wins? Sorry, that's just stupid.

True, but if it comes out they were soliciting young boys to big time donors, that might just be an NCAA violation.

confused246ey1in.gif

Bushy--word is that the donor list for Second Mile and the Booster list for Penn State are far from being mutually exclusive.

If anything, people would be roasting the NCAA alive were they to let this go without investigating--the overlap alone is enough justification for doing so.

Bushy--word is that the donor list for Second Mile and the Booster list for Penn State are far from being mutually exclusive.

If anything, people would be roasting the NCAA alive were they to let this go without investigating--the overlap alone is enough justification for doing so.

That, and the Second Mile folks had free run of the Penn State facilities. For example, the shower rooms.

i have a theory about the Sandusky/Costa interview. Not a single legal expert in the world will say that it is a good idea for a defendant to go public and do an interview--there is simply no benefit to it whatsoever--so why would he do it--why would his attorney allow it?

Here is my theory--he is borrowing a page from the Michael Jackson defense playbook. Prior to this trial, I did not meet a SINGLE person who did not think MJ was guilty of molesting little boys--the evidence was overwhelming--how could he deny the sleepovers--but MJ goes on tv and says 'Yeah, I sleep with little boys, but that is all we did was sleep-I have a special relationship with them, etc, etc and that was the end of it. By saying that, he sort of difused the situation--it was poor judgment, but hardly criminal and he was aquitted because there was no real physical evidence--just the testimony of boys ( and their families likely had a financial agenda)

So Sandusky, who is probably throwing up a hail mary here, decides to do the same thing---he admits to showering, he will admit to horsing around in the pool and cracking their back and will admit to enjoying their company, but will end up saying the criminal allegations are all made up--there is no physical evidence---and they can even say the families are only doing this for the money and surely PSU has deep pockets. How does he dismiss the eyewitness account---he can say that were goofing around and McQ was unclear what he saw--the FACT that McQ did not try to stop it--actually helps Sandusky-he can say, hey, what full grown man in their right mind would not stop a kid from being raped---I was washing his back or something--

anyway, just a theory

The difference is MJ had the fact that everyone in the world thought he was a "weird" guy who was still emotionally a kid. Even till the day that he died therapists were saying the abuse he suffered left him "child like" emotionally.

Sandusky just looks like even more of a pedophile.

To add to that, there was one boy in each case against MJ. If Sandusky had only one accuser this would be a different story. In addition to that, Sandusky doesn't have near as much money so the motive isn't there. It was a lot easier to believe MJ was innocent.