Penn State Scandal Thread

Eric the Red

I replied elsewhere to a very similar post, but I'm gonna paste pretty much the same thing here...

These are people, smack dab in the middle of Pennsylvania, so far removed from reality that they don't even begin to comprehend the magnitude of the situation JoePa and his coordinator Sandusky got them in STILL even after the season... It's everyone else's god damn fault. Including the big ten.

I hope they get their wish.

Thing is, from the big ten side, I'm sure they were just doing a CoA thing. None of the Penn people realize the radioactive in-debt crater it's about to become. They still think they will walk away from this with nothing changed... Pitt will be 10x the insitution Penn State is after the lawsuits are settled.

Dear Commissioner Delany and the respected Presidents of the Big Ten Institutions,

We as Penn State students, fans and alumni want to thank you for jumping on the pile yesterday and openly threatening sanctions against Penn State athletics in wake of the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Any comments or actions from such an upstanding and chivalrous governing body like yourselves need the respect of an immediate response.

Here is our response……kick us out of this conference……please.

Maybe we should listen to them. If that's what they want.

Thing is, from the big ten side, I'm sure they were just doing a CoA thing. None of the Penn people realize the radioactive in-debt crater it's about to become. They still think they will walk away from this with nothing changed... Pitt will be 10x the insitution Penn State is after the lawsuits are settled.

Penn State fans seem to honestly believe all the charges against Sandusky are going to be dropped, Paterno will return as coach and that everyone owes THEM an apology.

Look up random pictures of Penn State fans, grab a screen cap of the from the kid in Deliverance to refresh your memory and then compare how close together the eyes of the various individuals are.

It's eerie.

Maybe we should listen to them. If that's what they want.

Nah. Wait for their fans to try & force the school to leave the conference and then after they're gone gently remind them that Penn State's media rights belong to the Big Ten Network for the next generation or so. :)

I'm curious about Sandusky's defense. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/jerry-sanduskys-lawyer-makes-an-unfortunate-reference/1 Sandusky's argument is that McQueary is a liar, and if that's the case, then he walks. As I understand it, even if McQueary is a liar, there are still other 7 other victims listed in the indictment and McQueary's testimony only relates to 1 accusation.

Does anyone else see this is a bizarre tactic?

For those interested in seeing first hand, Penn State fans are presenting their evidence of the Big Ten conspiracy against them on the Rivals forum.

Riveting stuff. :mellow:

Re: Why does everyone here think the B1G has "been against PSU from the start?" Reply

well, here's a few, and i'm not really all that in to this stuff, so i'm sure other folks probably have more examples they can cite.

1. officials/coaches from many athletic departments in the big 10 publicly belittled penn state. bobby knight said we were a cow college or something like that. didn't see those kinds of things when, say, nebraska, entered rececently.

2. i was at the first big 10 game between michigan and penn state at beaver stadium. we kicked off. on the ensuing three consecutive plays, our CROWD in the stadium was given technical penalties for "being too loud for the opposing team to hear." i really can just stop there, can't i?

3. fwiw, the officiating crews of the big 10 have been against us from the start and have cost us some big games, maybe even a national championship. there are many examples, and i'll leave it to others to cite them, except i will mention the unprecedented replacement of several seconds on the expired game clock that allowed michigan to beat us when we were undefeated several years ago.

look, i have many big 10 friends. the individual fans of other big 10 schools have in my opinion never had anything against us. in fact they've been quite welcoming. it's at the levels above that that i find the bias.

hope this answers your question. i know you asked in all sincerity, and i've tried to answer in kind.

Posted on 12/12 7:56 PM | IP: Logged

Lot of funny stuff in that thread. Grassy knoll funny. :lol:

Reading Blue & White is hilarious!

they are talking about how they are "special" getting jobbed in basketball by the refs vs a Bobby Knight coached IU team!

LOL.....join the club.......

And Bobby said something mean about them is a sign of the conspiracy. I'm guessing they've never taken the time to listen to Coach Knight talk about ANY other school he was facing.

Everything Sandusky & his attorney have done so far has been bizarre to me.

Speaking of which...

The choicest moment: At one point, Amendola discussed the possibility that Mike McQueary witnessed a rape, told Joe Paterno and two university administrators, and no one did anything except tell Sandusky to stay out of the locker room with kids. To anyone who believes that version of events, Amendola said, "I suggest you dial 1-800-REALITY." We did. Here's what we got:

Hey guys, welcome to the hottest place for triple-X action. Get ready for bulging, bursting pleasure with horny gay, bi, and bi-curious studs. Just 99 cents per minute.

Seriously. Call it yourself. We'll have audio for you in a bit.

.../snip/...

LINK

http://network.yardbarker.com/college_football/article_external/transcript_joe_paterno_grand_jury_testimony/8911426

Joe Pa's grand jury testimony.

"Q: When did you — did you do something with that information?

Mr. Paterno: Well, I can’t be precise.

I ordinarily would have called people right away, but it was a Saturday morning and I didn’t want to interfere with their weekends.

So I don’t know whether I did it Saturday or did it early the next week."

I’m not sure when, but I did it within the week."

Old man or not, this is what complacency breeds; BAD CHARACTER!!!! :facepalm: :facepalm: :wtf No wonder they fired him!!!