Is the Media Turning On Nebraska?

nowhereman

When hasn't the media been agaist us?

I don't usually get sucked into the media-bashing frenzy, but this just struck me as so far out of line it warranted attention. Dodds is a Big-12 guy, and he's shown in the past he's not fond of Nebraska in general, but there's no excuse for lashing out at fans who had nothing to do with the mess confronting the game this weekend. After watching students flip news vans the other night, concern is not "making it about yourself." It's reasonable caution.

As far as Doyle's comment? He told a journalism student to "mind his own business." A journalist telling an aspiring reporter that. Mighty fine example to set there, chief.

Just read this comment on ABC's web site:

Penn State is a sick institution with sick students. They are so twisted they are still playing foo'ball tomorrow. Gotta win one for perv Paterno who was afraid of being fired if he took a stand against child sex abuse. What's even sicker is that Americans, if the game is televised, will be watching it in unimaginably high numbers. Will likely to be top rated sports show of all time. It's a nation of pervs if that happens. And what about Nebraska. Guess that school and its admin and students are just as twisted as Penn State. They should take a stand and say in respect for those abused they will not be playing Penn State on Saturday. But, of course, foo'ball and the money it brings in ranks above decent moral conduct.

Didn't we have problems the last game at Happy Valley, wasn't there an apology from the Penn state adminstration after the 2002 game?

But our fans have been calling the talk shows stating they expect problems. We have kinda opened this up. My guess is that there will be very little emotion at this game, the fans will be down.

Penn State is a sick institution with sick students. They are so twisted they are still playing foo'ball tomorrow. Gotta win one for perv Paterno who was afraid of being fired if he took a stand against child sex abuse. What's even sicker is that Americans, if the game is televised, will be watching it in unimaginably high numbers. Will likely to be top rated sports show of all time. It's a nation of pervs if that happens. And what about Nebraska. Guess that school and its admin and students are just as twisted as Penn State. They should take a stand and say in respect for those abused they will not be playing Penn State on Saturday. But, of course, foo'ball and the money it brings in ranks above decent moral conduct.

I might be reading too much into Dodds comment regarding "King Football wins," but it's almost as if he's implying that Nebraska fans are more concerned with the game than anything else. I don't think he's even bothered to ask any of us how we feel before making assumptions. The decision to play the game or not is up to Penn State. If they chose to forfeit and cancel the game, I don't think there would be all that much outcry around here. It seems people are pretty split about whether it should be played.

But we're Nebraska fans. We only care about football, right? At least that's what Dodds seems to think.

I might be reading too much into Dodds comment regarding "King Football wins," but it's almost as if he's implying that Nebraska fans are more concerned with the game than anything else. I don't think he's even bothered to ask any of us how we feel before making assumptions. The decision to play the game or not is up to Penn State. If they chose to forfeit and cancel the game, I don't think there would be all that much outcry around here. It seems people are pretty split about whether it should be played.

But we're Nebraska fans. We only care about football, right? At least that's what Dodds seems to think.

People are upset...obviously and understandably. But some in the press are trying to outdo each other with their holier than thou positions. The past few days I've read everything from Penn State should be disbanded immediately (not the football team...the entire school itself) to the remained of the 2011 NCAA season should be canceled for all teams. There have even been suggestions that Penn State is only the tip of the iceberg and that pedophile coaches are rampant in div 1 football. You know, rational, reasoned stuff like that.