The Bo Must Go Crowd

PaulCrewe

Well i'd guess i'd look a little something like you. A person that comes on here and bitches and bitches saying this and that, and yet fails to bring a logical thought out answer/solution to a question and or problem.. The only factual thing you have said is current National Champion teams have indeed had good recruiting classes. But what happens to the other nine teams that had "really good" recruiting classes. And then how does Nebraska become that one team to rise above the other 9 to win it all?

Those other nine teams were probably still in the top 20 and then built depth and won a title. Something that NU won't be able to do if stuff doesn't change.

Recruit, which is something that this staff isn't doing. We have 8 commits and two of them two starts. That is a formula for winning the MAC, not B1G. I've giving plenty of logical thought and points, but I didn't know that I had to spell out the obvious parts to you. I assumed that you were a logical adult that knew enough about college football that I didn't have to go that far into detail.

Again where are these titles? The teams that I mentioned earlier are all schools annually in the top ten in recruiting. You need to read skerschicago post in the recruiting forum for sure.

The ratio is different for Bo and Tom.

I do not want Bo gone, but I want teams that are prepared, that live to play with the N on their helmets. I want kids recruited year around, and I want those top kids recruited to plays, not just burned red shirts for two or three plays a year. I want a vision of what Nebraska football is and where it is headed, so we can recruit the type of players we need.

Comment was made we do not have the players to stop a mobile QB. Who is to blame for that. Our bend but not break is not working very well against top teams.

At least we do not have to worry about the BCS whipping that was on the door step. One horrendous ass beating on TV this late in the season is enough.

Hiring a head coach with no head coaching experience was the main mistake I think. I think Bo is learning and with more help from Tom, he may turn the corner.

But my only chant is that Bo and his staff is responsible for where we are at, no one else, not the players.

Well said

i think it shows that Bo has a lot of new, inexperienced coaches.....will they learn anything from these losses?

• Fire 1

I wouldn't say go out and fire Bo, but i personally am just kind of getting sick of always saying "this is the year" that we could make a run, and we lose a game, and we are still in the run later, and i get excited again and then we dump that down the drain too, its just the inconsistency, look at what Sweeney has done in a few years with clemson, they could be on their way to a BCS bowl and we havnt been to one for almost a decade, and then when people try to back Bo up it's always, "we were one second away from...." or "we were a few plays away from only this many losses or wins" its not the point of how close you are, its what you physically do, thats like me saying "i was so close to making the test score to get into med school, can you please let me in" there are TONS of football games that come down to the last second and bad penalties etc, but that doesnt change the fact you lost, you cant catch every break and thats why the excuses need to stop, we have NOT shown significant progress with Bo and that's the truth, He changed this defense around and gets praise for that, but after he changed that we havnt been able to do better than a 9-10 win season, how many years do we honestly think it takes to change a program?

• Fire 1

There is a coach up in Idaho with some Nebraska family ties (not to the University) who would listen. Just sayin'.

Regardless of that, even as much as I despise what Bo has done, I would give him one chance and only once chance to remain - if he unloads the majority of his staff, save for Pap and Brown. The culture of laziness among the coaches, and the feeling of security which allows them to be lazy has to go. This crap started with Callahan, and cost him his job. It's now continuing under Pelini.

Just for reference ..

23 OV's used so far this year for recruiting

Of those 23 visits, only 1 committed after his visit (Armstrong)

Of those visitors, 5 players were already committed

Of those visitors, 4 have since eliminated us

None of those visitors actually committed while on campus

Next year we lose Dennard and David defensively. We have already lost Crick. What talent level behind these guys have these defensive coaches gotten that has built depth and shown us they can step up and fill some HUGE voids that will be left? So far, I don't see the depth - at all.

You would think with our lack of depth, and with recruits falling off our board, that new targets would begin to emerge and would be using gameday visits as a chance to appeal to these kids.

Someone has to be held accountable, as this issue isn't just an issue that popped up out of the blue this year. It took years of recruiting mistakes, namely at DE and LB, that put our defense where it is talent wise.

That isn't even mentioning the actual coaching of the talent we do have, and the regression in basic fundamentals of hand fighting and tackling.

Bo doesn't need to go, but for once he needs to REALLY hold people accountable on his staff, rather than just preach to the public that he does. Speaking and doing are two different things.

• Fire 4

Regarding the recruits, Willie, we have a very small amount of guys we can take in this class, so we're being picky. The kind of guys we're going after don't typically make their decisions this early in the cycle. So it's not an alarm bell that we have so few commits right now, or that that we've lost out on the guys we're going after. We have a LOT of competition on the guys we're offering.

Again, this same panic button was pushed last year. We ended up with Turner, Green, Abdullah, Stafford... who am I missing? We had a fine class last year. Until we end up with nothing this year, it's way too early to push the panic button, or to "blame" the coaches for a bad recruiting class.

I am in no way in support of removing Bo. But if any assistant coaching changes were made...

Mike Stoops is available, and Turner Gill might soon be available... That would be very interesting...

Why would we need Turner? I can see Stoops replacing Carl, and Barney getting pushed out, but that is it.

Stoops would be very interesting, but I can't see Carl getting pushed out after this season. I believe a lot that this team will make significant changes next year but the staff has to quit being so loyal to players like thorell and cassidy. If a player is performing poorly he needs to be pulled no excuses.

I see no scenario where Gill comes here.

I see no scenario

No amount of being picky excuses not even using OV's when they are available to us.

I do not think we have had terrible results on recruiting, but I think we could have done better, and could be doing better. Got to be a little nervous for future years if we do not maximize on recruiting when we could.

• Fire 1

i think it shows that Bo has a lot of new, inexperienced coaches.....will they learn anything from these losses?

That is a good take-away from this game. Simple and a good post.

Thats fine if one only chooses to look at it from an offensive perspective. The flaw with that takeaway of today's game is that one would expect some continuity on defense in Year 4 with the defense always having been Bo's defense. That defense was an embarrassment. I see very little lemon aid coming from today's lemon.

That is a good take-away from this game. Simple and a good post.

Thats fine if one only chooses to look at it from an offensive perspective. The flaw with that takeaway of today's game is that one would expect some continuity on defense in Year 4 with the defense always having been Bo's defense. That defense was an embarrassment. I see very little lemon aid coming from today's lemon.

I get what you're saying. But are you forgetting that we have two new coaches on D this year? What continuity you would hope to have has to take a hit when you lose half your coaching staff on that side of the ball.

look at what Sweeney has done in a few years with clemson, they could be on their way to a BCS bowl and we havnt been to one for almost a decade,

Don't look now, but Dabo Sweeney and Clemson are down at half to NC State 27-3.

Good, maybe Bullard will give us another look.