B1G Officiating

Offensive holding has been a problem all year. I seen guys get flat out tackled all game and don't get a single call. But the last couple of games have been absolutely horrible. TO or Bo need to discuss this with the league offices, because we have gotten hosed by the officials lately.

Oh and before I forget. To the Michigan punter today, this is for you. I see good things in your acting career.

side_oscar.jpg

End Rant.

Just saw the end of the Texas vs Kansas State game. With just over a minute left in the game Kansas State punted the ball to Texas. Two Texas players hit the punter and the officials didn't call any foul because it would have given Kansas State the game. Texas lost any way, I'm happy to say.

Big 10 officials have been shaky all season. Sometimes it has benefited us. Sometimes not. I've noticed they've been really really sloppy with spotting the ball and rarely call holding. I thought I heard earlier in the year that they were really strict on the PI calls but it seems like the opposite to me. The roughing the kicker call definitely sucked and completely turned the game. We probably still would have lost, but would not have gotten embarrassed like this.

The no call offensive pass interference call on Michigan early literally gave them a td (it was 3rd down) and on the next possession Marlowe was clearly interfered with on a 3rd down and no call. I thought the thorell PI in the end zone was more bs than the roughing punter. According to the rule, when contact is made with a punter while he is in the air it is roughing. So basically the correct call was made.

The no call offensive pass interference call on Michigan early literally gave them a td (it was 3rd down) and on the next possession Marlowe was clearly interfered with on a 3rd down and no call. I thought the thorell PI in the end zone was more bs than the roughing punter. According to the rule, when contact is made with a punter while he is in the air it is roughing. So basically the correct call was made.

A LOT of bad calls today--with more than our fair share going against NU. Two of the worst were the Thorell PI in the end zone and the roughing punter, both of which sustained scoring drives. I'm not going to go so far as to say there's a conspiracy, but the slant of the bad calls in this game certainly makes me wonder. And I don't think we would have won the games without all the bad calls. But it certainly would have been tighter. Maybe two or three TDs tighter going into the 4th.

Still, this game wasn't as bad as the aTm game last year. That was a blatant screw job, a going away present from the B12.

Yep, blame it on the refs for the loss. Come on folks the Huskers are one of the most penalized teams in the B1G. They need to play more disciplined ball. Bo has been preaching it since last year. Sure the officiating was questionable but it has been that way in the B1G ten all season.

As far as todays personal foul for ruffing the punter. GOOD CALL!! You don't run into the punter when he is in the air. Specially if you are not blocked into him.

IDK what you guys are talking about because that was most definitely PI on Thorell.

Wasn't really his fault because the ball was under thrown and the WR was trying to make his way back to the ball. Lance was in the way and his back was turned (shocking) so he had no idea the where the ball was. Although it doesn't really matter that his back was turned because there isn't face guarding in CFB, he still impeded the WR's progress to the ball. Textbook PI. Know the rule before you call BS.

I also thought the refs were missing/ non calls etc.... BUT our offence went 3 and out how many times? We allowed a blocked punt, fake field goal. Turned the ball over how many times? Millard North could have beat NU today. They made mistakes LOTS of them against an evenly matched team. I usually read and dont post. In my opinion the ball team is just flat out short 4-5 studs. lets hope they are on campus as redshirt freshmen.

We were absolutely throttled in the first half. I don't care if there were five holding calls missed ... we should have been down 2-3 touchdowns just in the first half. Those penalties didn't cause all the breakdowns in the second half. Those penalties didn't affect the second half kick off ... the no third down conversions until what ... the middle of the third quarter?

Facts are facts ... we got rolled! We got beat up from the inside out. For me ... there are no excuses. Ya, maybe an interesting topic at the end of the season ... but the day after this loss ... NO. The blame for this loss is on us ... and the congratulations to the UM fans must be given ... they kicked our butts. I'm glad to have only loss by the amount we did.

IDK what you guys are talking about because that was most definitely PI on Thorell.

Wasn't really his fault because the ball was under thrown and the WR was trying to make his way back to the ball. Lance was in the way and his back was turned (shocking) so he had no idea the where the ball was. Although it doesn't really matter that his back was turned because there isn't face guarding in CFB, he still impeded the WR's progress to the ball. Textbook PI. Know the rule before you call BS.

disagree...I saw nothing that should have been called pass interference

The roughing was questionable and PI was as well. The fact that the Michigan guy did the same thing to Marlowe earlier in the game and was commended on how he played man to man defense.

I will say the outcome would not have been any different, but it would have been a little closer than it ended up. The Husker did not deserve to win this game with all of fumbling miscues and stupid mistakes throughout the game. David is a beast and better win some awards at the end of the season!!!!