Rex in a protective boot

lo country

Per Twitter and SEan Callahan.

Running back Rex Burkhead did not talk today at the press conference, but we saw him wearing a protective boot on his right foot. #Huskers

This pretty much sux. I guess that happens when we only have one back this year. :sarcasm

I hope it is a precautionary issue and not an injury from the NW game. Against Iowa, rest him for the bowl game. Let the triplets get their carries and make the burning of the shirts not be as bad. Incase it is a broken bone, get them ready for the bowl game.

this is unfortunate, but it gives the three frosh a chance to step up and show us that the coaches should have been playing them and that everbodys b*tch about them not playing was legit and that the coaches were making a mistake, with that being said i still think that the coaches are the coaches for a reason and they know whats best for the team

I would never suggest that you play a player if there is a chance of further injuring him. If Rex is able to go, then he will go..... unless his injury could result in some for of post-season surgery, and hurting his career..... I am assuming that in the coaches mind and Rex's mind , the IOWA game is extremely important....yes, more important than a bowl game.... This is a conference game, old-rival and new rival game, and will be the only game on tv....

This game is soooooo much more important than the bowl game... on many different levels....

I am not suggesting that anyone should put his health on the line, but explaining how I bet the players and coaches feel... Rex probably feels as if he also has a month to "heal" before the bowl....

If he doesn't play, then I would be worried....it would mean that he is really INJURED....not just "hurt"

this is unfortunate, but it gives the three frosh a chance to step up and show us that the coaches should have been playing them and that everbodys b*tch about them not playing was legit and that the coaches were making a mistake, with that being said i still think that the coaches are the coaches for a reason and they know whats best for the team

I was about to go off on you until I actually finished your statement. Now it appears we're on the same page. :thumbs

I was about to go off on you until I actually finished your statement. Now it appears we're on the same page. :thumbs

:wasted