Proposed Changes for Next Year . . .

1) Blitz like Clemson never saw coming Bo's first year.

2) Turner must play somewhere!

3) Carnes needs to see the field as well. Doesn't have to be important, but he needs to be involved.

4) Rex needs 20 carries every conference game. (Doesn't matter if he gets no yards every time, which I doubt.)

5) Let some of our other young backs get involved in the passing game. (They got the moves in space we need.)

6) Find some game changing linebackers to fill David's metaphorically huge shoes.

If he even is around next year, why wouldn't we want him to have an important role? It would be the exact same as this year.

Being from Southern Cal, it was amazing to watch USC dismantled UCLA last night 50-0. They are on probation and currently could beat any team in the country. Here are my suggestions for us to get to the level of USC (Save the Reggie Bush comments). Before you read this, these are not personal barbs. I have no vendettas against any coaches or players. These are my X's and O's assessment of what we need to climb to the top wrung:

1. Give Barney Cotton a nice retirement party. Let Garrison take over the reigns completely. The line was painfully average this year.

2. Bo needs to officially become D-Coordinator.

3. Carl is fine in a lesser position. Not all guys can be alpha males, but he's pretty decent as a position coach.

4. Put Jamaal Turner back at QB. The guy is explosive. T-Mart isn't. T-Mart has become a safe, vanilla QB. Not what we need to go all the way.

5. Buy stock in Jason Ankrah. I didn't think much of him early, but he's starting to move.

6. Choi. I seriously wonder if he can go back and find an extra year for when he played 1 or 2 snaps in years past. He is ready to explode. If he were only to be a junior next year, our new O-line coach would be in heaven.

7. Buy more stock: Andrew Green. The guy looked crappy early but turned into a force. It speaks volumes to his mental toughness.

8. Move Stafford to linebacker.

9. USC consistently plays true freshmen. We don't. They consistently are in the top 3, we aren't. I'll take sloppy aggression over safe, "doesn't make too many mistakes" upper class men. Also, if you truly play freshmen, you will attract more of them. Just a thought.

10. Rotate 2-deep at all positions all year. When we did it against Washington, the team was electrified. Keep it up all year. The entire team will only be better for it.

11. No need to give Rex 600 carries when you have stellar backups. The only time Rex needs 600 carries is when you have Austin Jones as second string. Although Rex played great, Bo blew this one by frustrating his star backups. Hard to say he made a mistake with Rex, but he did. This could cause problems for the backups next year who know they won't play much.

12. Will Bo have the guts to do what he did when he started T-Mart over Zack Lee? T-Mart has become a safe, game manager, but I think he has peaked. Instead of completely changing horses, why not spit time 50-50 between 2 QBs until later in the season, to see who should run the stretch. Yes, Bo, put the backup in with your team trailing 14-7 in the second quarter.

13. Bo needs to play backups when the game is in the balance. Some backups will actually shine if given the chance. Unfortunately, Bo refuses to do so. We will never make the leap until he starts having faith in the backups. Makes no sense that perennially average starters stay in the game 99% of the time. If a starter is all-world, then I can understand why he doesn't come out. But why do guys like Yoshi and Marcel Jones get treated as if they are Zach Weigart or Brendan Stai?

14. Don't ever try to block another punt again.

15. To get the o-line in sync, Bo needs to pick one series each game where he tells the o-line, "We are not going to pass once on this possession. Get us to the end zone." I think it will teach the line to be aggressive.

Didn't USC lose to a 6-6 team who's coach was just fired & barely beat Minnesota at home?

Remember that Taylor is only a soph. he has a lot of time to develop. I do agree that they need to get Brion some snaps, but taylor is our best option at QB right now. As far as Barney goes the line looked much better this year & they had to learn a new offense. I look to them to be even better next year. I would also think next year would be the year to decide his fate, but my guess is that Bo will let him stay as long as he wants.

I wish all the people standing on the cliff ledge would just jump already. Bo could still finish this year with 10 wins. 39 wins & 2 conference championship apperences(that were lost by a total of 4 points) in 4 seasons makes me think we hired the right guy.

1) Blitz like Clemson never saw coming Bo's first year.

2) Turner must play somewhere!

3) Carnes needs to see the field as well. Doesn't have to be important, but he needs to be involved.

4) Rex needs 20 carries every conference game. (Doesn't matter if he gets no yards every time, which I doubt.)

5) Let some of our other young backs get involved in the passing game. (They got the moves in space we need.)

6) Find some game changing linebackers to fill David's metaphorically huge shoes.

If he even is around next year, why wouldn't we want him to have an important role? It would be the exact same as this year.

All I am saying is he needs to be on the field more often than he was this year. I don't care if he never sees an important snap, but get him in earlier during games we have locked down.

4. Put Jamaal Turner back at QB. The guy is explosive. T-Mart isn't. T-Mart has become a safe, vanilla QB. Not what we need to go all the way.

1. Find a way to get Jamal Turner on the field. He's too explosive of an athlete to have stand on the sidelines. QB, WR, PR, KR, wherever they use him, he needs to see multiple touches every game.

2. Why do we see players and then they disappear? Osborne and Turner were the main two.

1.) Get Turner on the field!! If he cant block then find him a position he can play where he doesnt need to.

I agree that I wish that Turner would have been a bigger contributer this year. But how can people keep complaining about this when even Jamaal admitted that he was dogging it in practice. What kind of attitude does that show? How can you trust a player on the field when he's not even giving nominal effort? The Iverson reference carries some weight but Iverson was THE LEADING SCORER IN THE NBA; he could probably get away with a little more. Not a true freshman in college.

The Huskers averaged 47 rushing plays per game this year. Why in the world you you want a player on the field who's shown you nothing and would be a liability 47 times a game and would maybe make 3-4 plays per game? Especially when you have at least one other player at his positions (Bell as a WR, Abdullah as a returner) who can do similar things.

I a big Turner fan. I just hope he gets it figured out. Let's hope he comes up with a big play or two in the bowl game.

How about this for the changes we need; Let's work to get a little bit better in all areas, possibly 1 or 2 slight adjustments in position coaches but nothing crazy, tweak the things that didn't work this year, expand on the things that did work, forget the knee-jerk changes, and take one more step towards getting back. Renewed effort and better focus in most games next year and 1 or 2 more wins. Our D slipped a little but the O showed some improvement. The sky is not falling. Everything we need is more than manageable. I wish people would quit thinking wholesale changes equal program improvement. Give it a little time. Be the tortoise not the hare.

• Fire 1

New coach, period.

Do we really need those kinda of antics on the sideline?

Even in a win, he looked like a complete ass.

Not to mention he is clueless on the offense side of things at the least.

Post of the year.

I hope you aren't the same guys complaining about Bo reportedly interviewing for the Ohio St. job on another thread.

Being from Southern Cal, it was amazing to watch USC dismantled UCLA last night 50-0. They are on probation and currently could beat any team in the country.

they haven't lost a single scholarship yet. they put it off and took a full class last year pending the results of their appeal. this year will be the first 10 lost IIRC. You won't start seeing the impact of their penalty until 2013ish.