Ha! So that's one example. How often does that happen? Not very often, right?

2011 Okie St 10-44

2010 aTm 19-33

2009 TexTech 13-41

2007 W. Virg. 28-48

2006 Texass 10-28

2005 UCLA 24-41

2005 Texass 12-45

2004 USCw 19-55

2003 KSU 7-35

I think they just don't seem as bad when it's not your team.

• Fire 1

I think we can all agree that Texas A&M had a far worse season than us. They were a preseason top 10 team that finished barely bowl eligible. I'm somewhat surprised no one has yet been clamoring for Taylor to join our staff. I can't really say I'm too surprised by this. Clownahan had his best season before the implosion we call 2007. Sherman followed along the same path. I still remember the Aggie fans last year claiming Sherman was the next coming. They didn't seem to like our reference comparing Sherman to Clownahan. I pity the poor soul that has to lead them into their first year in the SEC.

Good point, but most people are more mad they we haven't won a conference championship in so long not a national. OU won it last year with an OK team and was very close this year where as nebraska hasn't done it in 12. It's not fair to Pelini that he should have to feel the heat for other coaches failures but that's the reality here. If he would have won the big 12 last year or the year before no one would be calling for his head now.

A point of order here--we won a Big XII title in 2009.

Unfortunately, a UT-alum and Dan Beebe decided that the game wasn't over when the clock went to :00 and gave Texas the title instead. That was as blantant a screwjob as the 2010 Texas, A&M, and Iowa State games were.

So keep that in mind when we discuss what Bo has and hasn't done here. Perception is, after all, reality, and the perception of that game to anyone that isn't a pointy-uterused f***tard is that it was blatantly and unceremoniously stolen right out of our hands by the Big XII and it's biased head of officiating.

I think we can all agree that Texas A&M had a far worse season than us. They were a preseason top 10 team that finished barely bowl eligible. I'm somewhat surprised no one has yet been clamoring for Taylor to join our staff. I can't really say I'm too surprised by this. Clownahan had his best season before the implosion we call 2007. Sherman followed along the same path. I still remember the Aggie fans last year claiming Sherman was the next coming. They didn't seem to like our reference comparing Sherman to Clownahan. I pity the poor soul that has to lead them into their first year in the SEC.

While I wouldn't be totally opposed to this. 1) I don't think he really has any ties with this staff 2) his skill set in college and experience doesn't really fit the system that we run now.

I heard today the Landry has not thrown a TD since Broyles was hurt. I think that took a lot away from the Sooners.

I think we blow the calling for Bo's head a little out of proportion. I really do not think I have heard anyone say that they want him fired. Most just want a better job done in certain areas. I wish we could stop putting that out there, as the more it is said the more likely it is that people will start believing it is necessary.

My disappointment in the year is not the wins and losses. It is the not being ready to play. Taking games for granted. That is what needs fixed, and in honesty it has since Bo got here. That concerns me, but I have faith that he will get that figured out.

Beat USC!!!!!!

Go Big RED!!!!!!

What some people fail to realize is that the landscape of College Football changes every day. Just the right things need to fall into place throughout the year for a team to win a national title. Who would have thought, preseason, that Auburn would be so good last year? Or Alabama the year before that? I can't say anything about Florida... they had superman.

Look at South Carolina! Preseason favorites to win the SEC East and go to their second SEC Championship Game, only to lose their 5th year senior QB (Who sucked this year, btw) and have their Heisman candidate running back injured. And they still somehow mustered up 10 wins for only the second time in school history. And it took 6 years of building before this season for Spurrier to finally get results at a program that has never had a history of winning. Now they've just come off of back to back 9+ win seasons (which still hasn't really hit me yet) which has never happened before. It takes time, guys, and from what I've heard, Bo Pelini didn't have a ton to work with when he arrived. I'll be completely honest.. I hadn't even heard of the Nebraska Cornhuskers until the 2007 season when I saw them in the top 10. (I think it was 07, hard to remember)

I'm a Carolina fan, so I come from a long line of heartbreak and disappointment. Zero National Championships, One conference title (1969 ACC), and only 4 bowl wins (or something like that). I'd be happy as ANYONE if, for the next decade, South Carolina won 9-10 wins a season every year, won one national championship, and a couple SEC Championships. I hear a lot of fans calling for Bo's head around here (and, of course, a lot that aren't), and I don't understand why. He's done better than average for the 4 seasons as HC at Nebraska, and they're consistently in the National Title talk. I'd take that as a fan of any school.

I'll be completely honest.. I hadn't even heard of the Nebraska Cornhuskers until the 2007 season

Hold on, what?

:yeah

You must be very very young.

One other thing. I doubt you could find more than 2 or 3% of Husker fans that want Bo fired. Its always the minority that talk the most or post the most if they can't get everyone to agree with them. imo

GBR!!!

National championship winning seasons are extremely hard to come by.

Tell that to the SEC....

Teams win national championships...tell me the last team to win back to back national championships.

Back to back is extremely rare, you are changing the parameters though. You stated that championship seasons are extremely hard to come by in defense of OU's collapse. Championship seasons come around once per year and the SEC teams, as you pointed out, have won 6 in a row. SEC teams are not seeming to find it hard to come by. The question in my mind is why teams are not copying the SEC teams because championship seasons have been very hard to come by for non-SEC teams.