How's it going Nebraska fans?

Gamecocks fan here, as well as current staff member with USC football (no, I won't reveal in what capacity)

Anyways, after finding out Nebraska would be our opponent, I can tell you our staff and players are very excited to play a team with such a storied tradition. I have always had great respect for Bo Pelini, and I'm excited to see him have success.

Getting back to the point, I went around reading Husker Board looking for fan insights about the game, and I'm pleased to say your fan base seems very level-headed and fun to talk to, so here I am.

Just let me say I'm not interested in smack talk, but I love talking football. That being said, it's good to be here and I hope for a good game.

I'll be around at least for the short term, but I hope I'll enjoy it enough to hang around here long after the Gamecocks and Huskers have it out in Orlando on January 2nd.

Go c$%ks!

GoonSquad

Gamecocks fan here, as well as current staff member with USC football (no, I won't reveal in what capacity)

MostGullibileKid.gif

Wow! No kidding. Maybe you could share a few secrets with us.

Believe me, I don't pretend to be of great importance, but yes, I do work for the team.

Secrets no, but I'll discuss offensive and defensive schemes and match-ups all day.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I'd like to welcome you guys to Cockytalk.com if you want to chat around with us over there. I go by the same username there and it's a great site (other than the few idiots all message boards seem to have)

I'm also sure they will confirm the statement you are at least inferring that I am a liar (or did I take that the wrong way?)

He's Steve Spurrier. He's just trying to be humble by saying he's not important.

Wouldn't that be out of character? Bwahaha

Water boy is not my position hah! Anyways, like I said I'm just interested in talking football! I've heard a lot about your offense, but I'm not too familiar with the defense other than it is Pelini-run and Dennard is a pretty damn good CB. I've also heard of Crick but other than that I'm not B1G savvy so if you'll let me know more about them I'd appreciate it.

He's Steve Spurrier. He's just trying to be humble by saying he's not important.

Wouldn't that be out of character? Bwahaha

Water boy is not my position hah! Anyways, like I said I'm just interested in talking football! I've heard a lot about your offense, but I'm not too familiar with the defense other than it is Pelini-run and Dennard is a pretty damn good CB. I've also heard of Crick but other than that I'm not B1G savvy so if you'll let me know more about them I'd appreciate it.

Can't wait to see him and Alshon. :snacks:

• Fire 1

Our offense is a a a, not real sure what we call it. Lean more to the run side, I would say. Our defense has had its ups and downs this season. Looked to be getting a little better, at seasons end. Having Carl P leaving for a head coaching job, does put more on Bo's shoulder. Will be fun watching him match wits with Steve S. How do you like your offensive attack with out Lattimore& Garcia. You guys took a big hit there. I know for sure if we lost Martinez & Rex, we would be in deep trouble.

Since you have a inside access, has your coach said anything about the last time he coached against Nebraska. Different team I know, but wondering if that ever came up , once the match ups were announced. I look for a high scoring game, but a close one.

Anyway wellcome to the board.

GBR!!!

I'm guessing student athletic trainer.

I'm thinking it's the equipment manager, looking to steal information on our black uniforms we never busted out this year. ;)

Welcome to Huskerboard, GoonSquad. Hope you find the time enjoyable, though the game, not so much. :)