Bowl boycott

HuskerRoy

If the folks who are content with the current system would read the quickie book (available for FREE at you local library).........."Death to the BCS", where they chronicle the stupefying and myriad ways it has corrupted college football, I'm guessing they might re-think their position. I have never read a book that had me so p*ssed off so quickly and for so long.

• Fire 1

Haven't read that book (yet). Is it really the BCS, or is it the bowls themselves, which pre-existed the BCS for ages? I'm sure the corruption escalated with the BCS, but is that just due to the money that was going to come anyway? People like to blame wars and world hunger on the BCS, but even if you remove the BCS, the same people still have the power.

Haven't read that book (yet). Is it really the BCS, or is it the bowls themselves, which pre-existed the BCS for ages? I'm sure the corruption escalated with the BCS, but is that just due to the money that was going to come anyway? People like to blame wars and world hunger on the BCS, but even if you remove the BCS, the same people still have the power.

Good question............it is mostly the Bowls (and their incredibly greedy self promoters/executives) but the BCS is a hapless enabler.........................

We're in the wrong conference to be lobbying for a playoff system.

To me the worth of trying to establish a true champion................even if moving to a playoff is not in OUR best interests...............it IS in the best interests of the sport.......(jmho).............

We're in the wrong conference to be lobbying for a playoff system.

To me the worth of trying to establish a true champion................even if moving to a playoff is not in OUR best interests...............it IS in the best interests of the sport.......(jmho).............

No I agree with you, I'm just saying with the position Delany has adopted and all...

I'll be boycotting the championship game, which won't be hard because I have no interest in watching them play again.

I'm suprised by the number of people who feel this way. I would think anyone who is a fan of college football would want to watch this. The two best team (in my opinion) squaring off for all the marbles. No, it won't be a offensive game with big numbers, but you will see fabulous defenses with players absolutely flying to the ball.

I don't understand why it being a rematch matters, that happens in every sport. I'm sure there have been superbowls that were rematches of regular season games (I didn't look that up, so I hope I'm correct). I"m anticipating a really good football game. My Huskers aren't in it, so I don't have an emtional investment, I can watch just for the sake of watching really good football.

Oh, and by the way, I'm for a playoff. But it won't stop all the problems, just create a different batch. Debates will be about the teams that just missed getting into the playoff. And if we did have a playoff this year, in all liklihood, the title game would be the same on we're going to have.

The excitement for me would have been seeing a pretty good offensive team play a really good defensive team. We'll never know what the outcome might have been because someone decided a rerun was better. A defensive struggle might have been watchable if it was their first game. We already know the difference in the two teams is Alabama's lack of a kicker. If I wanted to watch reruns there is always John Wayne or old Husker games on dvd. National Championships should be new opponents.

• 4 weeks later...

RESTORE JAN 1st

Cotton Bowl Classic. Baylor vs Alabama SWC vs atlarge

Orange Bowl: Oklahoma St. vs Clemson [big8/BigEast/ACC all had tie ins at different times]

Sugah Bowl: LSU vs Boise St SEC vs atlarge

Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs Stanford [big12 or two independents]

Rose Bowl: Oregon PAC vs Wisconsin B1g10 [same]

Now this produces some awesome combos for the BCSCG a week later.