Potential QB Debate: Devin Fuller or Tommy Armstrong

According to media reports, Pelini is telling both players he wants them at QB. Fuller is the better runner with more explosiveness. He reminds me of a smaller version of Braxton Miller.

Tommy Armstrong is the better overall QB with a better arm, quicker release, better throwing fundamentals, and he plays in a far more complex offensive system for the top team in Texas 5A.

Armstrong is a good runner, but he doesn't have Fuller's speed or vision in the open field.

We obviously want both guys on campus. That's obvious, but which guy do you want behind center?

Armstrong. Fuller is another project when it comes to throwing the ball. He is electric but with Q, Bell, Turner, Westerkamp, and Allen I'd rather have a guy who is going to be a serious threat with his arm along with his feet. As we've seen, we could use that extra threat. Plus, it's not like we have a NFL qb coach who can turn Fuller into a bonafide quarterback.

We need to take both, no question. And we should take both at the QB spot, since the QB depth chart is looking a little thin right now.

Armstrong is a decent passer, with good mobility but not game breaking. I have said all along I see him as a Geno Smith type of QB. While Devin has an avergae arm, but he can change a game with his feet, and he is more athletic than Braxton Miller. I would almost compare him to Pat White or Antwaan Randle El while he was at Indiana.

My friends in Texas rave about Armstrong throwing the ball. He doesn't have to be a burner to keep defenses honest. I, for one, am tired of us trying to manufacture throwers. Armstrong is not a project. He is a QB.

Fuller is an athlete who can reek damage wherever we put him.

We need to take both, no question. And we should take both at the QB spot, since the QB depth chart is looking a little thin right now.

Armstrong is a decent passer, with good mobility but not game breaking. I have said all along I see him as a Geno Smith type of QB. While Devin has an avergae arm, but he can change a game with his feet, and he is more athletic than Braxton Miller. I would almost compare him to Pat White or Antwaan Randle El while he was at Indiana.

I really like most of your posts and this one about nails it. The comparison to Randle El is very spot on. Randle El did things for Indiana that were amazing, how he ended up at Indiana and not Illinois is beyond me.

Fuller is shiftier then Braxton Miller and Pat White. Put it this way, if Randle El had been at WVU when RR was there, he wins every award there is to win.

Fuller sounds like a potential home run hit as a recruit here. Armstrong sounds solid.

For sure, we need two scholarship QBs. Think about it: we needed two schollie QBs badly last year, and since then we've had at least one scholarship QB depart, and on top of that, neither of the two QBs in last year's class made it in this program (as QBs).

Fuller sounds like a potential home run hit as a recruit here. Armstrong sounds solid.

For sure, we need two scholarship QBs. Think about it: we needed two schollie QBs badly last year, and since then we've had at least one scholarship QB depart, and on top of that, neither of the two QBs in last year's class made it in this program (as QBs).

our QB situation is definately nearing desperation.

Fuller 100%, he fits our offense better than does armstrong. face it we are a run first throw second team.

Even though our offense is a run first offense, I would rather have a QB that is a passer first and is mobile enough to keep the chains going. Armstrong fits this bill to a tee.

Fuller 100%, he fits our offense better than does armstrong. face it we are a run first throw second team.

I believe that's just a product of what we have under center currently. I still see Beck preferring a mobile yet accurate QB over a speedy less accurate one. Persa would be Beck's ideal QB IMO. Armstrong is closer to fitting that than Fuller.