Marvin Sanders to FAU

MLB 51

Loyalty develops over time. I think with every passing season, Pelini will become even more loyal to what he's building at Nebraska. Until he reaches the mindset that he's "done all he can do here", then I'm sure he will stay.

Every good coaching staff will eventually get raided for talent. That's happened for decades. Look at the lineage of Pelini-Stoops-Snyder-Fry. Good coaches produce good coaches.

And why the yearning for a "big name DC"? We have a big name DC and his name is Bo Pelini. His system works, it's been proven to work--he just needs some guys that can play with the heart of a Burkhead, or David, or Dennard.

Oh and one more thing-- the whole "transgressions" rumor regarding Marvin Sanders or the Carl Pelini "boosters wife" rumor-- seriously where do you guys hear this crap?

I think the truth is that nobody here truly knows why Marvin Sanders resigned or if Carl Pelini was forced out in any way.

The speculation on these topics is disgusting.

If you can't name your source, then you're just stirring the pot. Be a man, be accountable for what you say.

Oh and one more thing-- the whole "transgressions" rumor regarding Marvin Sanders or the Carl Pelini "boosters wife" rumor-- seriously where do you guys hear this crap?

I think the truth is that nobody here truly knows why Marvin Sanders resigned or if Carl Pelini was forced out in any way.

If you can't name your source, then you're just stirring the pot. Be a man, be accountable for what you say.

So true. If Marvin's transgressions were that bad, Carl would not be taking him to FAU, he would not have been allowed to be a volunteer coach with the Nighthawks etc........

The question isn't whether or not it's a problem, the question is whether the concept of "loyalty" plays a role.

I don't for a second think Bo is "loyal" to Nebraska. He is not a fan, he is a coach, and he is part of a business. If a better offer comes along, I don't for one minute think Bo will stay here out of some sense of loyalty to Nebraska or Nebraska Fan.

The last loyal head coach we were likely to ever have was Frank Solich.

To some degree, this is what is the most saddening about what has transpired over the last decade. I don't want to get into whether he should have been removed or not because that dead horse is getting sick and tired of being beaten. However, it appeared that Solich took the reigns during his time. When it was time for him to hang them up, most of us in this part of the state anyway assumed Gill would then be handed the reigns. For the most part, this is what made us unique. While other programs were always chasing the hot coaches, we just kept plowing along with a loyal staff. In the end, I believe this is why TO had the success he had at the end of his career.

You make a good point about loyalty. The problem was that TO didn't have anyone qualified to take his place. If Frank and Turner were his two best options, well it's no surprise as to why NU went into the toilet the past decade. And before anyone goes and tries to turn this into more than what it is, I'm not calling either of them bad coaches. They are MAC level HC's, not elite program coaches and unfortunately I'm starting to think that is Bo's ceiling too.

When you have to go on a national level to find the type of coach that NU needs, the only way to get loyalty is to buy it. NU has the money and if/when Bo leaves, we need to pony up the $$$$$ to get an established HC.

If you need sources for everything, might as well become an English teacher.

So true. If Marvin's transgressions were that bad, Carl would not be taking him to FAU, he would not have been allowed to be a volunteer coach with the Nighthawks etc........

Not totally true, as why wouldn't Carl take him to FAU. That way they can be wingmen for each other with the Boca Raton coeds. Nighthawks are a pro team, they aren't going to delve into personal issues as long as they aren't against the law.

The question isn't whether or not it's a problem, the question is whether the concept of "loyalty" plays a role.

I don't for a second think Bo is "loyal" to Nebraska. He is not a fan, he is a coach, and he is part of a business. If a better offer comes along, I don't for one minute think Bo will stay here out of some sense of loyalty to Nebraska or Nebraska Fan.

To some degree, this is what is the most saddening about what has transpired over the last decade. I don't want to get into whether he should have been removed or not because that dead horse is getting sick and tired of being beaten. However, it appeared that Solich took the reigns during his time. When it was time for him to hang them up, most of us in this part of the state anyway assumed Gill would then be handed the reigns. For the most part, this is what made us unique. While other programs were always chasing the hot coaches, we just kept plowing along with a loyal staff. In the end, I believe this is why TO had the success he had at the end of his career.

You make a good point about loyalty. The problem was that TO didn't have anyone qualified to take his place. If Frank and Turner were his two best options, well it's no surprise as to why NU went into the toilet the past decade. And before anyone goes and tries to turn this into more than what it is, I'm not calling either of them bad coaches. They are MAC level HC's, not elite program coaches and unfortunately I'm starting to think that is Bo's ceiling too.

When you have to go on a national level to find the type of coach that NU needs, the only way to get loyalty is to buy it. NU has the money and if/when Bo leaves, we need to pony up the $$$$$ to get an established HC.

I hear Mack Brown is available

I hear Mack Brown is available

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

If you need sources for everything, might as well become an English teacher.

Or a news reporter, because they don't need sources anymore, just rumors.

Yea it's official. Sanders to FAU. Can anyone make sense of that? Was he able to take care of his personal and/or family problems and come back to coaching after 1 year away? Or was there more to the reasons why he left Bo's staff? Seems strange that he left the Nebraska program in such a sudden way just to join Carl at FAU immediately after Carl got the job.