Marvin Sanders to FAU

MLB 51

Good for Marvin. He's a solid coach.

I still would like to know the M Sanders resignation story. In this age of transgressions I just wonder why the punishment was firable/resignable.

Having worked at the University, I know many an employee with serious transgressions that remained employed.

Sipple was speculating on Sanders a couple of days back. We all were. And I hope Sanders does end up at FAU. I hated that we lost him last winter. But Ganz, I'd rather see him stay in the Husker fold than bolt for Florida.

If true Carl just got the deal of the century.

With our current issues (losing Carl) I really hope Bo goes out and gets a proven, big time DC. It will help recruiting for sure. If he promotes JP, who coaches ST, DL, recruit coordinator etc...... You bring in someone new to take over these duties and next year we are facing another tough schedule with a DC learning on the fly and possibly a DL coach and ST coach as well. If JP goes prior to the bowl game, how will this effect recruiting.

Lastly with big splash hires by UM last year, OSU this, we need to counter as well. Seems like everyone else is stocking up preparing for something we have no idea about.

Well, I'd have to say this FAU thing is a dream come true for Carl and Marvin. I mean hey, look at the talent of Boca Raton coeds!!!

On our side, I'm starting to get worried. When you lose coaches you have to bring in guys just as good or better for replacements and I'm getting very worried Bo is going to just promote from within and not hire any coaches with experience or any name recognition in college football. This will not necessarily be a problem in the coaching aspect per se b/c there are great coaches around that just haven't been recognized yet b/c of lack of an opportunity.

But, at Nebraska you really need coaches who can recruit!! It's not easy to recruit to Nebraska and name recognition and a proven resume can go a long way with kids when on the recruiting trail. :unsure:

i'm starting to think we'll end up with someone other than JP. the more time passes, the more likely that is to happen. and all the discussion about the available funds to hire a big name guy further supports this. they wouldn't even have gone down the road of identifying the available money if they were just going to promote JP and bump him up 100k. we'd probably save money in that scenario. they're bringing in outside hires IMO.