How did Ohio pull this off?

zeWilbur

An article on the espn site pointed something that I have never heard of before. It's a short read. http://espn.go.com/b...n/post?id=41105

How in the heck did Ohio manage to get permission for two coaching groups? One can only coach and one can only recruit.

Two thoughts come to mind:

1. The thought of Ohio having 7 dedicated recruiters and putting Urban Meyer at the head of the list scares the bejesus out of me.

2. Having an entire staff around every day to get the team ready for the bowl game has to be a huge advantage. Right?

Is this common or am I blowing it out of proportion?

Well you certainly seem to be confused, Frank Solich coaches Ohio.

This is listed (now) in the B1G forum so I didn't expect much confusion...

That being said, I have never been able to accept any time someone/thing demands that 'the' be put in their name . It always came off as pretentious. Especially when you have six campuses.

But hey, 'Ohio' is still more than you ever got out of Schembechler.. :-)

That being said, I have never been able to accept any time someone/thing demands that 'the' be put in their name . It always came off as pretentious. Especially when you have six campuses.

That may be true outside of Ohio but whenever someone in Ohio says "Ohio" (when talking about colleges) they think of the school in Athens. When talking about Ohio State people say "Ohio State" or "OSU" and sometimes "tOSU".

Uh you got it the wrong way around. Schembechler had no issues with Ohio State seeing as he used to coach there. It was Woody who would never say Michigan.

The ESPN article had a quote from the AD that I thought was interesting. It was a response to the unfair argument. His contention was essentially that Meyer will be the only coach on the recruiting trail.

That said, that's still one hell of a coach out recruiting. I don't see the logic in letting them do this, but it's what we've come to expect from a regulatory authority that has been embarrassed 3 times this year: Ohio State<Miami<Penn State. At this point, they've got to be thinking "what the hell, this season is almost over anyway, and thank god for that."

It's pretty easy to get Ohio and Ohio State mixed up. Oh wait, that's not true, Ohio is the team with 3 more wins this year, my bad.

Baaziiinnngggg! Hahahahaha! lol