ATH Davante' Bourque

corncraze

I agree with your assessment on Green's need for improvement of following his blockers better. It is funny how there are so many different opinions on the three frosh RB's.... I think all three have a lot of potential, but I was least impressed with Heard. What seperates them for me is the fact that Abdullah, and Green seem to be big time "playmakers"....I think A.Green is just too talented not to be successful at this level.

Agree

See his performance in the Washinton game. Was sure that was gonna be his breakout moment and put him behind Rex. Damn, I still think he is the backup this fall

I agree with your assessment on Green's need for improvement of following his blockers better. It is funny how there are so many different opinions on the three frosh RB's.... I think all three have a lot of potential, but I was least impressed with Heard. What seperates them for me is the fact that Abdullah, and Green seem to be big time "playmakers"....I think A.Green is just too talented not to be successful at this level.

Well I don't have any stats, but Heard hardly saw the field after the first 4 or 5 games, if ever. But from what I saw, he is more physically mature and more natural hitting the holes and following blockers. I think he runs the most like Rex.

I definitely agree with you though. Green showed a couple of times this year that he could be a super flashy player for us. I just hope he gets a little more confidence and runs with authority. Would love to see him make a statement in the spring game.

I'd like to see Green put on about 15 lbs. or so.... He has a good frame for a RB, and his build looks like a mini Trent Richardson.... I'd love to see him put on some more muscle, while maintaining his playmaker ability....

Well I don't have any stats, but Heard hardly saw the field after the first 4 or 5 games, if ever. But from what I saw, he is more physically mature and more natural hitting the holes and following blockers. I think he runs the most like Rex.

I definitely agree with you though. Green showed a couple of times this year that he could be a super flashy player for us. I just hope he gets a little more confidence and runs with authority. Would love to see him make a statement in the spring game.

I'd like to see Green put on about 15 lbs. or so.... He has a good frame for a RB, and his build looks like a mini Trent Richardson.... I'd love to see him put on some more muscle, while maintaining his playmaker ability....

I'd compare him more to LaMichael James. I'm just not sure if Aaron has a ceiling anywhere near James' though.

I'd compare him more to LaMichael James. I'm just not sure if Aaron has a ceiling anywhere near James' though.

I think his ceiling is plenty high, he just didn't get many chances to show but he showed flashes, IMO.

Well in Green's defense I don't think he had the opportunity as a Freshman that James did at Oregon.... LaMichael James is great, but would he have been so successful his first year if he had Burkhead in front of him? It's hard to say so or not, but with Burkhead his playing time would have been much less his first year at Oregon....

Well in Green's defense I don't think he had the opportunity as a Freshman that James did at Oregon.... LaMichael James is great, but would he have been so successful his first year if he had Burkhead in front of him? It's hard to say so or not, but with Burkhead his playing time would have been much less his first year at Oregon....

Very true.

"I texted with Davante Bourque and he said after talking to his mom, that he won't visit Nebraska. He said she loves Tennessee and he just bought his Tennessee gear. I asked him if the gear looked good and he said Orange looked good on him.", quote from a UT message board.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/112452-12-la-ath-davante-bourque-ut-99.html