Ted Gilmore

I read he sucked as a coach. I was also told a few weeks ago that he still sucked when I stated both he and Watson had very good years personally as coaches and I was happy for them. This obviously proves I'm a moron.

If Niles would have had the right attitude from day one he could have been great. But its hard to "arrive" when you show up on day one thinking you already have. I remember some of his comments when he was at the HS All-American bowls. He pretty said everyone else sucked and he was the best guy on the field.

I read he sucked as a coach. I was also told a few weeks ago that he still sucked when I stated both he and Watson had very good years personally as coaches and I was happy for them. This obviously proves I'm a moron.

If Niles would have had the right attitude from day one he could have been great. But its hard to "arrive" when you show up on day one thinking you already have. I remember some of his comments when he was at the HS All-American bowls. He pretty said everyone else sucked and he was the best guy on the field.

Isn't it a coaches job to get the player to have the right attitude? Isn't that what they're praising Gilmore for in this award - that he coached up these two young guys so well that they had great seasons?

Or is it more that these are two really, really good receivers and anyone who coached them would be really successful?

Isn't it a coaches job to get the player to have the right attitude? Isn't that what they're praising Gilmore for in this award - that he coached up these two young guys so well that they had great seasons?

Or is it more that these are two really, really good receivers and anyone who coached them would be really successful?

A bit of both honestly.

I've had some employees that no mater how hard you try to motivate them in different ways just won't do it. I'm sure part of the time its just how they are personally. Other times it might be that they don't like me. Other times it might be they think they're doing what they are supposed to be.

I won't go publicly into conversations I've had about Niles with Ted or even things Ahman has said about Niles but a lot is between the ears. He's a very gifted individual and his ceiling is very high...and as a fan of his I really hope it clicks like I think it will and he'll do very very well.

I won't go publicly into conversations I've had about Niles with Ted or even things Ahman has said about Niles but a lot is between the ears. He's a very gifted individual and his ceiling is very high...and as a fan of his I really hope it clicks like I think it will and he'll do very very well.

I think you should go public with those conversations. As a fan I was completely befuddled by his performance through his whole career. Your insights could help set a lot of fans straight that seem to hate Niles Paul.

And besides, you can't say you know something and then not say it - that's just wrong. It's like when my sister would tell me she knew what I was getting for Christmas but then wouldn't tell me. It just made me think "does she really know or is she just saying that?"

I'm not judging Ted Gilmore by Niles Paul. I'm judging Ted Gilmore by every WR he coached at NU, all of whom did ..... not much.

Chris Brooks says hello to Coach Gilmore.

On a personal level, I quite liked Coach Gilmore. I'm speaking specifically about his coaching tenure at Nebraska.

Congrats to Gilmore, but I have questions about his methodology. There is no way that 2 receivers that he had for 5 years should get that long of looks by the NFL and they never saw the field here (Will Henry and Chris Brooks). Something about that doesn't quite add up.

I at one time thought the receivers dropping balls was all on Gilmore. However, I've changed my mind after watching receivers drop balls this season. Maybe if Cotton isn't the OL coach next season I will change my opinion of him as well.

I thought the WR's did a much better job catching balls this year then they did last year. :dunno

yeah i dont see how you can't think we saw improvement at the wr position

Matt Barkley probably had more to do with their performance then Gilmore did.

That.

Don't underestimate the QBs role in the perceived mediocrity at receiver.

That said, it was nice to see Bell and Turner show how to GO GET THE #%#$in BALL when it is up in the air. I suspect that has more to do with Bell and Turner than simply coaching.