New DC announced: John Papuchis; new DL coach Rick Kaczenski

hskerholic

We get it, we will only win games when we have easy schedules. We will never beat teams that are actually good.

Not like in '77 (Osborne's 5th year) when we lost in Memorial Stadium to Washington State and Iowa State and went 9-3.

Or '78 when we lost at home to Mizzou and went 9-3.

or in '92 when we lost to a 4-7 Iowa State team and went 9-3.

Osborne won 9 games in 6 of his first 9 seasons. Fire Osborne!

All jokes aside, TO would have been fired if he was coaching in today's generation. If he didn't get the axe in the 70's, it would have come during the 7-8 bowl game losses. Thankfully, TO is the AD. This is why Bo will be safe as long as TO continues to be the AD.

Not likely, its exactly the same as it ever was, Tom was losing to National Champions and the occcasional close loss to someone he should have beat. Bo gets beat and blown out consistently by teams we should beat

We should've beaten Wisconsin in Camp Randall? We should've beaten Michigan in the Big House? We got blown out by Northwestern at home? We got blown out by Texas at home? We got blown out by a talented Virginia Tech team at home in 2008? We got blown out by Virginia Tech in Blacksburg in 2009? Do you think OT against your so highly held Mike Leach's Texas Tech team in Lubbock in 2008 is a blowout? We should've beaten the national champion runner up Oklahoma in Norman? We should've beaten an eventual #1 in Missouri in 2008? How about at Kyle Field with a slew of injuries and a officiating debacle last year?

There have been two bad losses in the Pelini era: 2009 Iowa State and 2009 Texas Tech. But that's it. You can claim Northwestern this year was a bad loss, but they are a talented team and played very well that day. You can claim Texas last year was a bad loss, but to do that, you have to intentionally forget that even with a poorer record, Texas is still Texas and they will always have better talent than us on both sides of the ball.

• Fire 1

As far as I'm concerned, I am a Nebraska fan, and Bo is the coach of my team. He has shown throughout the past 4 years that he has the drive to make great teams, and I believe he has the ability and the knowledge to do so. 9 or 10 wins each year is WAY more than most teams in the nation would DREAM of having. While I hope someday soon to be hoisting that national championship trophy, 9 or 10 wins a year are very respectable until we break through that barrier.

Bo is a young head coach who is still learning on the job, and I have complete faith that if we stick with him, he will lead us back to be champions sooner than later.

BOOM! Exactly. +1 to you my friend. To make a run at the MNC you got to get to the level of winning 9 or 10 games a year. WHich is where we are at right now. I don't see why some people are so dissatisfied with this. Can people not remember the clustermuck that was 2007? Bo has the ship turned around and heading in the right direction now.

Northwestern says Hai

I posted last night about my remorse over hiring another "Youngstown" coach. It's not that a good coach can't or hasn't come from that city for plenty have. To me it shows the limited number of connections Bo has if he only feels comfortable hiring guys he grew up with or knows through his high school. These hires would be great if he was coaching in high school or maybe even Youngstown State. While we shouldn't hire a coach based on what others will think, by the same token recruits need a "buy in factor" when they are contacted and after they sign an LOI.

One thing Solich did when he was looking for a D coordinator was beat the bushes and step out of his comfort zone. It would have been easy to hire someone with Husker connections but he went another route.

Frank Solich "accidentally" landed Bo upon the suggestion of Monte Kiffin. Solich originally wanted to hire Kiffin, but he declined and set him up with Bo instead.

Which makes my point. Solich could have said no because he didn't know Bo but he did the homework and discovered there are good coaches outside of the Nebraska family. There are also good coaches outside of the Youngstown family.

We get it, we will only win games when we have easy schedules. We will never beat teams that are actually good.

Not like in '77 (Osborne's 5th year) when we lost in Memorial Stadium to Washington State and Iowa State and went 9-3.

So in over a quarter century, Osbornes ugliest losses equal to one season of Bos? Is that the point you're trying to make? Last years fiasco was beyond bad coaching, this year was a direct result of that.

Osborne didn't have to fix the dumpster fire of season that was 2007. How many losses did the team have the prior year to him taking over? Patience... We could fire the entire staff and hire everyone you want and the results would not be much different than they are now.

All jokes aside, TO would have been fired if he was coaching in today's generation. If he didn't get the axe in the 70's, it would have come during the 7-8 bowl game losses. Thankfully, TO is the AD. This is why Bo will be safe as long as TO continues to be the AD.

Not likely, its exactly the same as it ever was, Tom was losing to National Champions and the occcasional close loss to someone he should have beat. Bo gets beat and blown out consistently by teams we should beat

Was your screen name on Huskerpedia KingDevaney or something like that?

As far as I'm concerned, I am a Nebraska fan, and Bo is the coach of my team. He has shown throughout the past 4 years that he has the drive to make great teams, and I believe he has the ability and the knowledge to do so. 9 or 10 wins each year is WAY more than most teams in the nation would DREAM of having. While I hope someday soon to be hoisting that national championship trophy, 9 or 10 wins a year are very respectable until we break through that barrier.

Bo is a young head coach who is still learning on the job, and I have complete faith that if we stick with him, he will lead us back to be champions sooner than later.

BOOM! Exactly. +1 to you my friend. To make a run at the MNC you got to get to the level of winning 9 or 10 games a year. WHich is where we are at right now. I don't see why some people are so dissatisfied with this. Can people not remember the clustermuck that was 2007? Bo has the ship turned around and heading in the right direction now.

Northwestern says Hai

Northwestern speaks Japanese?

Northwestern says Hai

Duh, didn't you hear Taylor: "Northwestern, smart school"

Northwestern says Hai

Duh, didn't you hear Taylor: "Northwestern, smart school"

If any school in the conference spoke Japanese it'd be Northwestern. NERDS!

We should've beaten Wisconsin in Camp Randall? We should've beaten Michigan in the Big House? We got blown out by Northwestern at home? We got blown out by Texas at home? We got blown out by a talented Virginia Tech team at home in 2008? We got blown out by Virginia Tech in Blacksburg in 2009? Do you think OT against your so highly held Mike Leach's Texas Tech team in Lubbock in 2008 is a blowout? We should've beaten the national champion runner up Oklahoma in Norman? We should've beaten an eventual #1 in Missouri in 2008? How about at Kyle Field with a slew of injuries and a officiating debacle last year?

There have been two bad losses in the Pelini era: 2009 Iowa State and 2009 Texas Tech. But that's it. You can claim Northwestern this year was a bad loss, but they are a talented team and played very well that day. You can claim Texas last year was a bad loss, but to do that, you have to intentionally forget that even with a poorer record, Texas is still Texas and they will always have better talent than us on both sides of the ball.

This is possibly the most hilarious thing Ive read or heard even from the biggest Tradition Coalition Ostrich, I thank You

This is possibly the most hilarious thing Ive read or heard even from the biggest Tradition Coalition Ostrich, I thank You

Glad I could help you find some joy in your life.

Ah yes, negative Nancy's. That is always the answer. Some very good thoughts have been provided to the click step group, even some from those within the 3rd.

I am done with this thread, I have stated I will support the hires, I stated my concerns. Still think it is a financial issue. Do not feel a coaching search was even started.

I guess sand in your eyes is normal on this board, keep sticking your heads deeper it will all be fine.

To me it shows the limited number of connections Bo has if he only feels comfortable hiring guys he grew up with or knows through his high school.

JP, Els, Raymond, Garrison, Fischer have no connections to Youngstown.

Dobson too.

You guys do realize it was a joke by Sam Mckewon when he tied Katz back to Youngstown, right? He said his dad was born there but it has no bearing on this hire what so ever. Katz grew up in Pennsylvania. I think he was even born there if I'm not mistaken. Bo didn't know him from any previous stops. He was impressed with him last year when he interviewed him and almost hired him at that time.