Bo insists he's 'not out looking around'

Nexus

I would throw Christopherson in there as well.... OWH has upped their coverage big time this year though.... The vidcast, and podcast are nice....

I like BC, and Jon Nyatawa at the OWH as well. Nyatawa seems to be able to stay above the fray and just focus on the facts, which has been a rare talent in that news room over the years. He's had his flaps with Bo but it doesn't seem to leak into his reporting, which is a talent I greatly admire.

I imagine I'm in the minority here, but I like Chatlein as well.... His negative approach towards the Huskers does get annoying, but for some reason I like reading his stuff....

He's a good writer. But there's a difference between writing well and reporting well.

Bleachers say NE is the 7th best College Football coaching job.

http://bleacherrepor...ootball/page/45

Yahoo agrees.

http://sports.yahoo....lug=ycn-7528242

SI.com Says its 15th.

http://sportsillustr...content.15.html

So the Nebraska job is thought of as a pretty good job. Why all the worry about him leaving. If he wants to go then do we really want him?

yes and no. yes we want him because over the last 4 years he has done a pretty good job at turning the huskers back into a top 25 team. but if he doesnt want to be here then no because he will be looking for other jobs instead of focusing on the team. but i dont see bo leaving anytime soon. the only bo leaves is if he is forced out which would be a huge mistake, because chances are we wont be able to get another solid coach and we will fall back into the kinda teams we seen here when callahan was here.

Bleachers say NE is the 7th best College Football coaching job.

http://bleacherrepor...ootball/page/45

Yahoo agrees.

http://sports.yahoo....lug=ycn-7528242

SI.com Says its 15th.

http://sportsillustr...content.15.html

So the Nebraska job is thought of as a pretty good job. Why all the worry about him leaving. If he wants to go then do we really want him?

Bleacher report is iffy but NU is still top 15 if not top 10...I just don't get the Miami deal on Yahoo. I guess I can see the good recruiting but the support is crap.

The only thing I don't really care for is that Sipple is making himself a part of the story. I don't think reporters should do that. Dirk does it way to much. Shitel does it but at least he's solely a columnist. I don't agree that reporters should also do opinion columns as the lines between fact and "what if" fiction gets blurred to often and pretty soon they start to think that people are reading the sports for them and not the information. If you want the story to be about you go do radio.

I would argue that radio is one of the least full-of-sh*t news mediums we have. Radio may have more pompousness, bias and some of the more vibrant personalities, but at least a lot of em don't try to sugarcoat this. For example, Colin Cowherd is totally full of himself, but he knows it and he embraces it, which is what I think makes him great. ESPN radio is far superior to ESPN television imo, as well.

Nothing is as sugar-coated and protected as television news, which I think is the worst of them all.

The only thing I don't really care for is that Sipple is making himself a part of the story. I don't think reporters should do that. Dirk does it way to much. Shitel does it but at least he's solely a columnist. I don't agree that reporters should also do opinion columns as the lines between fact and "what if" fiction gets blurred to often and pretty soon they start to think that people are reading the sports for them and not the information. If you want the story to be about you go do radio.

I would argue that radio is one of the least full-of-sh*t news mediums we have. Radio may have more pompousness, bias and some of the more vibrant personalities, but at least a lot of em don't try to sugarcoat this. For example, Colin Cowherd is totally full of himself, but he knows it and he embraces it, which is what I think makes him great. ESPN radio is far superior to ESPN television imo, as well.

Nothing is as sugar-coated and protected as television news, which I think is the worst of them all.

if Cow-turd was half as smart as he really is, he would be worth listening too........he is flat out wrong most of the time.

if Cow-turd was half as smart as he really is, he would be worth listening too........he is flat out wrong most of the time.

60% of the time Cowherd is half as smart as he really is everytime.

I think that was my point. Radio doesn't try to pass off bias crap as news. They pretty much make themselves the star and pass it on as an educated opinion. You know when they have an agenda because they tell you that.

I was reading Dirks tweets today. I have never seen a guy hate the team he covers so much. The majority is anti Bo, anti UNL and today anti Big10 and how they are ruining things by striking the deal to play cross over games with the Pac 12 every year.

• Fire 2

Coincidentally, Sipple and

Agreed. Sipple said Bo was "pleasant".

I think he and Bo probably have one of the better Coach/Reporter relationships. I think he also respects Sam at the OWH too because he at least understands football and reports both the good and the bad. I don't think a reporter needs to be a sunshine pumper or debbie downer 24/7.

I'd say Sipple and Sam are two of the best reporters we have in Nebraska (covering Husker football). Although they are two very different reporters, they both do a bang-up job.

I do you one better, and say that Sam is perhaps one of the best covering FBS football in print in the nation.

There are only three or four national writers that I would put above Sam. Hell, Sam could run circles around the idiots in the Dallas Morning News on his first day, and the DMN is supposedly a 'national' paper.

Does Sam have his flaws? Yes, but so do even the best writers. And Sam at least writes his articles with the assumption of a baseline intelligence for his readership--something that can't be said of USA Today or even some of the best 'national' rags.

And Sipple is great, too, but Sam is slowly working himself to be masterful at what he does--enjoy him while he lasts in Omaha, as I fear he'll be offered bigger jobs and better pay sooner rather than later. :(

Coincidentally, Sipple and

Agreed. Sipple said Bo was "pleasant".

I think he and Bo probably have one of the better Coach/Reporter relationships. I think he also respects Sam at the OWH too because he at least understands football and reports both the good and the bad. I don't think a reporter needs to be a sunshine pumper or debbie downer 24/7.

I'd say Sipple and Sam are two of the best reporters we have in Nebraska (covering Husker football). Although they are two very different reporters, they both do a bang-up job.

I do you one better, and say that Sam is perhaps one of the best covering FBS football in print in the nation.

There are only three or four national writers that I would put above Sam. Hell, Sam could run circles around the idiots in the Dallas Morning News on his first day, and the DMN is supposedly a 'national' paper.

Does Sam have his flaws? Yes, but so do even the best writers. And Sam at least writes his articles with the assumption of a baseline intelligence for his readership--something that can't be said of USA Today or even some of the best 'national' rags.

And Sipple is great, too, but Sam is slowly working himself to be masterful at what he does--enjoy him while he lasts in Omaha, as I fear he'll be offered bigger jobs and better pay sooner rather than later. :(

would have agreed w/ you before the Herald got ahold of him and tied a rubber band around his testes. his writing is different this season. still great - but enjoyed it more at the paper.

FWIW a close relative of mine spoke directly to Bo about this very subject last week. He asked Bo about the rumors that he was out looking at other jobs or that he may not be happy at Nebraska. Bo response was that he loved it here (meaning Nebraska and Lincoln) and that his family loved it here. Said he was not looking to leave. Said he wouldn't be going anywhere unless UNL decided they didn't want him. He also made some crack about people on the internet and bloggers who start these rumors and that they are an extreme minority. This is all paraphrased from what my relative told me but the gist is that Bo is happy, apparently very happy, the rumors are not wearing him down, and he realizes there will always be a minority spurring these rumors. The honest truth from a good source.

He has an opinion and he ardently defends that opinion, and although I will admit I don't listen to him every day (or even every week), he uses facts to support his conclusions when I'm listening. He may be full of himself, but he's damn good at what he does.

Besides, it's tough for any of us to sit here and say Colin Cowherd is flat out wrong "most of the time", when he more than likely follows the sports world closer than 95% of his listeners.

I like Cowherd, He tells it like it is. But he sure can piss an entire fan base off.

Me too. There's no denying he can be a complete ass, but he's a complete ass who knows what he's talking about. I don't see much wrong with it.

I used to be the same way. Couldn't stand Cowherd. But he's right almost always and he's got his sources. Gotta respect a guy like that.