How will Nebraska fare next year.

Essentially it will be the core of the offenses 3rd year together. There should be more cohesion there but the line will still be the biggest question.

What worries me more than anything is the D. There will be a lot of guys that are going to have to stand up and take ownership of what the D is to become.

a lot will depend on the play of the offensive line, which should be better next year.....i still don,t think we will be a top dog yet, and might have 3 loses next year..i hope i am wrong, but we are still a very young team....i am still not convinced that beck is a good offensive coach, but who am i too judge......

We have great athletes on our team just depends if they have the desire and mental toughness to play like they should, that has been my only concern all year and heading into next year. Yes we have the ability to beat anyone but we don't play like we can or want to.

Play like we should: 11-2

Reality: 9-4

at this point its pretty obvious that we will beat one of the two hardest teams we play, lose one or both of the next two and definitely will lose a game that we should have no business losing. I doubt it will be Northwestern both times, maybe Iowa this time. Then if we manage to get to the CCG we will lose, or if we win we will lose the bowl game.

10 or more wins, competing with Michigan to go to the Big Ten CCG. Whichever makes it wins the conference and goes to the Rose Bowl.

Pretty much this. I think we'll finish second in the division. Michigan will be the clear favorite to win the conference.

I'll have what you're smoking.

I think next year will show for the first time in seemingly forever, "real" improvement from the Oline which makes our offense approach a lethal level. That will help our young, ultra-talented skill position players in a big way.

On the other side of the ball I'm clueless as the whole question contains wayyyyy too many variables. The season hinges on this, imo.

GBR!!

Offensively we should be really good (cue the Martinez haters).....Martinez looked 150% better at the end of this season, than he did at the beginning....Rex is Rex...and Kenny Bell is going to be a legit #1 that we havent had in awhile....Our OL should be much improved....

I think defensively we will be pleased....it will be nice to see Bo take the reigns back of the defense....this year was an asterisk, not a benchmark.....

We will be fine next year......

Frankly, I think that Nebraska will 'fair' just as they did last year, with plenty of fried twinkies, cheap rides, and plenty of livestock showings and 4H contests. But with the fair being in Grand Island, I don't know if the team will be attending...

...but if we're asking how how the football program will 'fare' (as in, how the team will preform over a set period of time), then I would say 11-2, with a loss to either Ohio State or Michigan, and another loss to a team that we should beat, with a rematch against Wisky in Indy (since tOSU is banned next year from the post-season, including conference title games) for a ticket to the Rose Bowl.

We've got the pieces to win the Big 10 and be a Top 10 team. It's just a matter of getting them to fit right, and that's why this off-season will be just as important to Bo and Co. as it will our players.

I think next year will show for the first time in seemingly forever, "real" improvement from the Oline which makes our offense approach a lethal level. That will help our young, ultra-talented skill position players in a big way.

On the other side of the ball I'm clueless as the whole question contains wayyyyy too many variables. The season hinges on this, imo.

GBR!!

I am not sure whether to laugh or believe your o-line optimism. haha.

Unless the Defense turns a corner and becomes dominant again, next year (like this) will revolve around QB. T-Mart has looked less and less promising as a difference maker at that position.

Watch the games yesterday again, but in CFB today teams MUST be able to convert 3rd and longs. WI, OR, Stan, OSU ALL had that ability (due to QB play).

No sarcasm needed.

But with the way the B1G is shaping up and with who we have returning. Lets look at the positive.

Martinez is in year 3 with the system and from year one he has improved dramatically.

Burkhead will be back

Maher will be as well.

Feel free to add your own.

How has Martinez improved dramtically since year one? His passing numbers are worse than last year and he is not the explosive running threat that he was last year. I don't know how anyone can think this team will get to the next level with him under center.. Won't happen.