Forever putting to rest the debate of which is better - dogs or cats

Dogs vs. Cats  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think there's any question that, in 9/10 cases, dogs are far more affectionate and loving than cats. But the thing I love about cats is that they have an 'I don't give a sh*t about anything' mentality, which is really cool. Cats just don't give a you-know-what and it's awesome.

I also give cats the edge in comfort. A cat laying on you>a dog laying on you. Much more comfortable because they're so limber. I also think kittens are cute, while puppies are cute but look sad all the time.

Still, though, I prefer dogs.

Had both, big dogs are better. Preferably a hunting dog.

Although, I'd take a cat over a small dog any day. for cats, it depends on breed, I've had a maine coon which is basically like a big dog in a cat's body that is probably 2x the size of a purse dog. That cat was awesome, would do flips after cat toys while jumping as high as I am tall (6 feet) and wanted attention always, would greet you at the door like a dog, and wanted to play ALL the time. It all comes down to the personality of the animal, ultimately. He was one of the ugliest kittens I've seen, fur sticking out everywhere like he'd taken a couple of tumbles in the dryer, but he grew up to be cute as hell and is just awesome.

Also had a farm kitten that was cool when I was a kid, thing hated to be picked up and held grudges. My sister didn't let his feet touch the floor when he was a kitten and when she'd walk down the hall as she was older this cat would spring out of a doorway and attack her ankles, HILARIOUS. He'd also do that to the dog (a big dog), which was funny, even more so when we'd find him with slobbered up fur every time we got back after leaving the house.

• 6 months later...

Everything changed for me after I started dating my girlfriend five years ago. Her family has four cats and I was around them all the time; then, about two years ago, my sister found a cat but couldn't keep it anymore, so my parents took it in. Because I was still spending the occasional weekend at my parents and living there over the summer between semesters, I grew to really enjoy him. Cats act like they own you, but that doesn't mean they can't be badass. Probably the best things about cats are that they're litter trained by six weeks, they don't vomit, poop, or pee everywhere like young dogs do, you don't have to get up early to let them out, and they kill bugs for you.

But dogs have way more reward for humans, as I already pointed out. I'd still love to get a dog someday, but cats really aren't that bad.

Everything changed for me after I started dating my girlfriend five years ago. Her family has four cats and I was around them all the time; then, about two years ago, my sister found a cat but couldn't keep it anymore, so my parents took it in. Because I was still spending the occasional weekend at my parents and living there over the summer between semesters, I grew to really enjoy him. Cats act like they own you, but that doesn't mean they can't be badass. Probably the best things about cats are that they're litter trained by six weeks, they don't vomit, poop, or pee everywhere like young dogs do, you don't have to get up early to let them out, and they kill bugs for you.

But dogs have way more reward for humans, as I already pointed out. I'd still love to get a dog someday, but cats really aren't that bad.

You obviously never had a dog trained to fetch you a bottle of beer out of a cooler while fishing. Then go in the lake to retrieve every damn 1lb largemouth you pulled close to the shoreline! You've never had a dog lay by your 2month old boy while he was sleeping in his swing. Then come lick your face off and tug at your blanket to let you know the baby woke up, while I was trying to sleep off a little hangover! An most importantly you've never seen a dog go more batsh#t crazy as the way my dog does every time me and my buddies celebrate a husker TD!!! On a side note, my buddies come to my house to watch games with me. And I Have a perfectly fine fridge yet they bring a cooler full of bottles to make my poor dog Rocco their beer bitch all game long! He don't mind cause they have to pay with a Lil smokey or something off the snack tray or he won't stop growling and barking at the punk ass bitches! As soon as a cat can do any of these then we can have an honest conversation about which pet is better!

You obviously never had a dog trained to fetch you a bottle of beer out of a cooler while fishing. Then go in the lake to retrieve every damn 1lb largemouth you pulled close to the shoreline! You've never had a dog lay by your 2month old boy while he was sleeping in his swing. Then come lick your face off and tug at your blanket to let you know the baby woke up, while I was trying to sleep off a little hangover! An most importantly you've never seen a dog go more batsh#t crazy as the way my dog does every time me and my buddies celebrate a husker TD!!! On a side note, my buddies come to my house to watch games with me. And I Have a perfectly fine fridge yet they bring a cooler full of bottles to make my poor dog Rocco their beer bitch all game long! He don't mind cause they have to pay with a Lil smokey or something off the snack tray or he won't stop growling and barking at the punk ass bitches! As soon as a cat can do any of these then we can have an honest conversation about which pet is better!

I didn't say the cat was better, I said it wasn't that bad. I voted for dogs.