Nittany @ Nebraska

The team seems to be playing well on both sides of the court. Diaz may not be the "physical" center that some teams in the Big 10 have, but his length really causes some problems. I have counted at least three blocks where Penn St tried to penetrate and Diaz denied them.

I want to see this type of game played against a GOOD team though. Going into the season, Iowa, Nebraska, and Penn St were all the bottom dwellers. So, I can't put much stock into one game against a below average team when the last three have been absolute train wrecks.

Balanced scoring, good shooting %, rebounded, forced turnovers. All good things.

Ball security and lack of a strong post game, against the smallest front court they'll see. Bad things.

I think the Wisky game will be a flahback of the trips to Lawrence back in the day. NU will come out hair on fire. We will wonder who this team is. Normal bugaboos(ie turnovers, rebounding, FTs in crunch time) will rear their ugly head at inoppertune times. The end result will not indicate the closeness of the game.

Either that or they'll get blown out by 50, cause that's usually how it went

Very nice win!! Another good shooting game. And hitting the free throws helped quite a bit too.

Congrats to Doc and the team. They looked like they were having some fun tonight.

But, (and not to take anything away from them)...............we played close to as well as we could and IF PSU hits anywhere close to their normal 3 point percentage (last time I looked at the scoreboard they were 2 for 20), this is a very close game. So I figure if we play our best and the team picked to finish LAST in the conference plays worse than normal, it may be false hope considering the next 3 games coming up.

Hope to be wrong, but I expect to be 1-7 a week from Saturday.

And, for those who were at the Bob or who watched it on BTN, ...............anyone else puzzled that when we attacked in an early offense we excelled, but then later we pulled back and passively threw it around the perimeter and committed a bunch of turnovers? Surprised that Doc wouldn't stay with what was working..............plus the crowd was into it and the players were having fun with the early attacking offense............ :huh:

Very impressed with all seven players that played.. Diaz was actually a force down low and was interupting every shot when PSU was driving the lane. McCray's D was a tad better and now the fact that we have Talley back made the team look explosive last night.. Lets just hope we can keep it up..