LB Chans Cox [Arizona State Commit]

BIG ERN

Needs to get to a few camps this year. In my personal opinion, his film leaves a bit to be desired. Good JUNIOR highlights, but if they were senior highlights, I could see why the staff would slow play him.

In my unprofessional opinion, what he could work on is his overall top end speed, overall athletic ability, and strength. Has a nose for the game of football, but definately could see some room for growth in those areas. Not saying he isn't going to, but we will see where he has put in work this summer by the time they play their first game this fall.

I would make sure that you are not confusing coaching keys with lack of athletic ability. His keys might be off, slow or he might not be reading what you might think he is reading. You might be right too but I am just tossing that out there.

I know what you are saying. My thing is that I think he will get an offer, and I think he will be thrown at linebacker and he will be a project. Which is not at all a bad thing. Getting a kid this size that can move like he can at linebacker is a great thing. He is athletic, but I think that people might be mistaking some of the initial burst of speed for the deception style of offense that his team plays. I am not saying that he is a bad prospect, I am saying that these are good junior highlights. The above areas are the places I think he needs to improve upon.

Needs to get to a few camps this year. In my personal opinion, his film leaves a bit to be desired. Good JUNIOR highlights, but if they were senior highlights, I could see why the staff would slow play him.

In my unprofessional opinion, what he could work on is his overall top end speed, overall athletic ability, and strength. Has a nose for the game of football, but definately could see some room for growth in those areas. Not saying he isn't going to, but we will see where he has put in work this summer by the time they play their first game this fall.

I would make sure that you are not confusing coaching keys with lack of athletic ability. His keys might be off, slow or he might not be reading what you might think he is reading. You might be right too but I am just tossing that out there.

I know what you are saying. My thing is that I think he will get an offer, and I think he will be thrown at linebacker and he will be a project. Which is not at all a bad thing. Getting a kid this size that can move like he can at linebacker is a great thing. He is athletic, but I think that people might be mistaking some of the initial burst of speed for the deception style of offense that his team plays. I am not saying that he is a bad prospect, I am saying that these are good junior highlights. The above areas are the places I think he needs to improve upon.

How does one improve on overall athletic ability?

You can work on sharpening some things, but generally you either have it or you don't.

Ever attended a speed and agility camp? I attended a few. One at NWU, and one at UNL.

Ever attended a speed and agility camp? I attended a few. One at NWU, and one at UNL.

Yes and those sorts of things do just that: improve your speed and agility. Which are, admittedly, components of athletic ability, but why not just say a guy needs to get faster or needs to get ______ (insert general attribute here). Athletic ability is such a general term...what does one mean when they say that a guy must improve on overall athletic ability?

They are meant to improve more than just speed and agility. They are meant to help you improve overall athletic ability as well. I think what EZ means is that he needs to be more fluid with his motions as in hips and making cuts.

Precisily. It isnt like he isnt better than anyone else on the field, but to play D1 linebacker in the Big Ten I think he needs to work on getting stronger from his pecs up, and getting a bit quicker. there is a difference between quickness and speed.

They are meant to improve more than just speed and agility. They are meant to help you improve overall athletic ability as well. I think what EZ means is that he needs to be more fluid with his motions as in hips and making cuts.

Precisily. It isnt like he isnt better than anyone else on the field, but to play D1 linebacker in the Big Ten I think he needs to work on getting stronger from his pecs up, and getting a bit quicker. there is a difference between quickness and speed.

Could also be the result of his shoulder injury.

His shoulder is whats holding an offer back.

His shoulder is whats holding an offer back.

Do you know if he'll camp this summer or not?