LB Chans Cox [Arizona State Commit]

BIG ERN

Could it be the case where we're in on so many quality LBs that the staff is trying to maximize getting as many as posible? Either way I just want Chans N.

Edit: If indeed he accepts his offer on offense, his measurables will be similar to Kyler's. Only he'll likely have a better QB throwing to him.

The fact that we are offering him on offense makes me feel that the coaching staff feels pretty good about some of the other linebackers out there.

I hate this thought process with the staff...Look at this past year with Diggs, we didnt chase very many safeties because they thought he was a sure fire get and it turned around to bite them in the ass.

The fact that we are offering him on offense makes me feel that the coaching staff feels pretty good about some of the other linebackers out there.

I hate this thought process with the staff...Look at this past year with Diggs, we didnt chase very many safeties because they thought he was a sure fire get and it turned around to bite them in the ass.

I think this scenario is a bit different that that of Diggs, although I felt JD was always gonna go to USCe because his dad played there, much like Banderas. The offer to Chans isn't so much that we're banking on his commitment, its that we have legitimate interest from several talented Lbs this cycle. Being that we'll probably are only to take 3-4 this year, with very good chances with Banderas and Ramierez with Beisel, Love, Hollins Jr and Newby giving us serious looks. While I think Chans could make a good LB, his athleticism needs more refinement, but would be better served as a TE imo.

So its not so much the staff is thinking he's a sure bet, but more of a numbers game.

I think we will be in great shape with LB's. I think we have a great shot at Banderas and Ramirez. I think we have a good chance for Courtney Love as we have a commitment from a fellow teammate. I'd love to get Beisel but that's wide open there. But for me that's besides the point. I think Chans is GREAT on the offensive side of the ball and that's where he could make the most difference.