LB Chans Cox [Arizona State Commit]

BIG ERN

ok correction I love baby producing husker families...

2 this class already, I'm liking it! Sign him and Mr. Minter up!

Don't forget about Banderas.

I like legacy recruits as much as the next guy but sometimes they don't always get offered for whatever reason. Most recent example is Dylan Wynn. He actually had a decent season for a true freshman at Oregon State this past season. He led the nation in fumble recoveries with 5.

While I hope all the legacy recruits get a fair shot at an offer, I'm not holding my breath.

Thing is with Cox, Minter and Banderas from what I have read is that all these kids are excellent performers and should be rated in the 3-4 star range(for the star gazing fans out there). I bet all three end up getting offers,

I hope they all get NU offers. I really do, but like I said, I'm not holding my breath. Wynn was a high 3* on Rivals, ESPN, 24/7 and a 4* on Scout. Furthermore, he played for a national powerhouse, De La Salle in California. They regularly churn out a handful of D-1 talent every year. The kid really wanted to come to Nebraska and camped here two years in a row, but for whatever reason, the staff never extended him an offer. I personally loved the kid's motor on his highlight film. Very Wistrom-like.

I think that the fact Minter and Banderas are both Nebraska High School players that it is nearly impossible for them not to recieve offers, just an opinion, thoughts?

Too many local names to list to prove your theory incorrect. Not saying they won't receive an offer, but again, don't hold your breath.

Thing is with Cox, Minter and Banderas from what I have read is that all these kids are excellent performers and should be rated in the 3-4 star range(for the star gazing fans out there). I bet all three end up getting offers,

I hope they all get NU offers. I really do, but like I said, I'm not holding my breath. Wynn was a high 3* on Rivals, ESPN, 24/7 and a 4* on Scout. Furthermore, he played for a national powerhouse, De La Salle in California. They regularly churn out a handful of D-1 talent every year. The kid really wanted to come to Nebraska and camped here two years in a row, but for whatever reason, the staff never extended him an offer. I personally loved the kid's motor on his highlight film. Very Wistrom-like.

I liked WYnn a lot as well, but from what I had gathered was this was a case where his measurables dissuaded the staff

Love to have these kids on board and out promoting the Huskers ala "Michael Rose"!

I think the reason why Cox doesn't have an offer from Nebraska yet is because A) The coaches are watching what he'll do after his shoulder surgery (labral tear in shoulder) and B) get him out to the Nebraska summer camp which sounds like he'll be here this spring/summer to attend a Husker camp and see how he does after his rehab from his shoulder surgery and whether or not he meets the criteria to earn a scholarship.

If and when Nebraska offers he probably won't commit on the spot and will end up making a top 5 list and make a college decision by fall.

Needs to get to a few camps this year. In my personal opinion, his film leaves a bit to be desired. Good JUNIOR highlights, but if they were senior highlights, I could see why the staff would slow play him.

In my unprofessional opinion, what he could work on is his overall top end speed, overall athletic ability, and strength. Has a nose for the game of football, but definately could see some room for growth in those areas. Not saying he isn't going to, but we will see where he has put in work this summer by the time they play their first game this fall.

I am sorry EZ, but obviously Rivals disagrees with ya by ranking him #40 in the Top 100. and that is even with the questions with his shoulder.

And I have to disagree for a kid his size he runs away from guys on the field, and is pretty nimble and athletic. I agree on the strength but that alone stems from rehabbing his shoulder injury.

I like the kid, and say he'll be in, and it will be a quicker process than what jock thinks.

Needs to get to a few camps this year. In my personal opinion, his film leaves a bit to be desired. Good JUNIOR highlights, but if they were senior highlights, I could see why the staff would slow play him.

In my unprofessional opinion, what he could work on is his overall top end speed, overall athletic ability, and strength. Has a nose for the game of football, but definately could see some room for growth in those areas. Not saying he isn't going to, but we will see where he has put in work this summer by the time they play their first game this fall.

Agreed. He doesn't seem to have that 'it' factor at LB, and looks better suited on the offensive side of the ball. I know Rivals ranks him high, but his highlights are not better than Hollins, Rameriz, Williams, or Banderas (<--all guys we have a legit shot at).

edit: i could see him being used as a HB/TE Kyler Reed position.

I would make sure that you are not confusing coaching keys with lack of athletic ability. His keys might be off, slow or he might not be reading what you might think he is reading. You might be right too but I am just tossing that out there.