LB Chans Cox [Arizona State Commit]

BIG ERN

I really believe we were in his core group to begin with but we just didnt recruit him as hard as I thought we would. Im still surprised to see this. maybe husker coaches didnt think he was as talented as I did therefore didnt recruit him as hard as I thought he should be

Agreed, I still wonder what they saw on his play at LB that said that was not worth taking? For me, this was a "fail" by our staff. More then enough reasons why he should be :bigredn:, especially being a 4-star that we didn't seem to close hard on.

I really believe we were in his core group to begin with but we just didnt recruit him as hard as I thought we would. Im still surprised to see this. maybe husker coaches didnt think he was as talented as I did therefore didnt recruit him as hard as I thought he should be

Agreed, I still wonder what they saw on his play at LB that said that was not worth taking? For me, this was a "fail" by our staff. More then enough reasons why he should be :bigredn:, especially being a 4-star that we didn't seem to close hard on.

I believe they werent comfortable with his shoulder injury. If you think about it thats a tough injury to have as a LB, he will probably always have problems with it, and its hard to take a chance on an injury when we cant afford to miss on players especially LBers right now. We have 2 really good ones already and 2 guys coming in tomorrow that are really good as well....not worried at all. Not saying i wouldnt have wanted him on the team, but i dont really think its a big deal, there is a reason the coaches didnt push hard for him....Bo knows his Linebackers, would have been a good on offense however.

What Fowler said, played a large part of it.

But the more film of Chans I watched the more potential I saw on the offensive side of the ball. There was a crap ton of potential as a HBack/TE like Nu was recruiting him, more so than as a LB IMHO. Srill sucks the home factor played a big role in this. and hopefully he makes a name for himself at ASU instead of being another tragic tale of wasted talent

Was hoping we'd land this kid. But if he wanted LB maybe that dropped us out of contention. The ceiling did seem higher at H-back/TE so I can see what the coaches liked. I know it is close to home but sort of surprised he went ASU. He had a lot better offers. Would have been a unique weapon on offense and I think we are getting 2 great LB's and could close on more still.

Bring a Top 40 player, 4-star grade, being a legacy, hearing we have 25 scholarships, the need at LB, the flexibility to play both O and D and make an impact ... and to not push as strong as we did (from what I hear) and to lose him to a team like ASU is a disappointment in my limited recruiting experience.

Bring a Top 40 player, 4-star grade, being a legacy, hearing we have 25 scholarships, the need at LB, the flexibility to play both O and D and make an impact ... and to not push as strong as we did (from what I hear) and to lose him to a team like ASU is a disappointment in my limited recruiting experience.

We already have two LB's in this class and there are other guys staff like better for the third spot. Would've been great to get Cox in at TE/H-back but it's obvious staff had reservations about him at LB. Whether they are right or not only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Looks like the coaches knew what they were doing, have a monster LB class (especially if we can land Claiborne), Chans would have been wasted at LB and our staff didn't lead him on. Good luck to him on defense, but just wasn't a spot for him with all the talent we have and will have.

+1

Looks like the coaches knew what they were doing, have a monster LB class (especially if we can land Claiborne), Chans would have been wasted at LB and our staff didn't lead him on. Good luck to him on defense, but just wasn't a spot for him with all the talent we have and will have.

I thought we were recruiting him on the other side of the ball?

+1

We were, but most recruiting sites have him listed as a LB and it made it into the thread title. Almost as confusing as two Newbys...

+1

He wanted to play defense and most were recruiting him to that side of the ball. We wanted him on offense, hence his decision to go elsewhere.

+1

He wanted to play defense and most were recruiting him to that side of the ball. We wanted him on offense, hence his decision to go elsewhere.

Is it just me or are we ok with this loss now that our LBer corp is looking top shelf?

+1

Is it just me or are we ok with this loss now that our LBer corp is looking top shelf?

Helps quite a bit but I think this isn't a big deal only if we get Sandland. Otherwise still need to plug the TE deficit we are going to have in the near future. That's why we were on him for his offensive chops.