Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

48 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I gave Yellowstone a season and a half, but couldn't push any further. I need shows/movies/games where there's at least 1 person I can root for, and everyone in Yellowstone is absolutely awful; not even one Walter White-type character where you know they're the bad guy, but you can cheer for them. Alongside that, the writing is horrible, the acting is wooden by 90% of the cast, and by the point I got to, I wanted the super volcano under Yellowstone to erupt and end everyone. 

My dad absolutely loved that show. So much so that when I was visiting him toward the end, he wouldn't turn it off. That show HAD to be on the whole time I was there. Dad was quirky. :D

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, knapplc said:

My dad absolutely loved that show. So much so that when I was visiting him toward the end, he wouldn't turn it off. That show HAD to be on the whole time I was there. Dad was quirky. :D

I gave it an honest try, but the only character I came close to enjoying by the end was Rip, and he's objectively not a good human being. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I gave it an honest try, but the only character I came close to enjoying by the end was Rip, and he's objectively not a good human being. 

Having been forced to watch several episodes, or parts thereof, I can confirm it is not worth your time. None of them are good people. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Having been forced to watch several episodes, or parts thereof, I can confirm it is not worth your time. None of them are good people. 

They tried so hard to make it Dallas (even going as far to say that it was NOT like Dallas because it was clearly like Dallas) but they are missing what makes a show like that great 

JR Ewing is still probably one of the most hated but loved characters in TV history (Someone mentioned Walter White, he is probably #2)

Bobby Ewing, that guy you sort of rooted for.  Everyone in Yellowstone is kind of annoying.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
8 hours ago, knapplc said:

There is zero chance I would fight Mike Tyson - even at 57 years old. This dude is nuts. 

I hope Tyson tries, unlike the fight he did against Roy Jones Jr. If he tries, we could all witness the death of Jake Paul. And for that, I'm excited. :snacks:

• Haha 3
  • Worth a Look 1
On 3/7/2024 at 10:15 AM, knapplc said:

There is zero chance I would fight Mike Tyson - even at 57 years old. This dude is nuts. 

He's a big ole teddy bear. (Seen here hugging the ref who disqualified him for the ear biting incident).

431219483_377731251815563_65096080692414

• Worth a Look 1

Been rewatching Lost on Hulu. I remember hating how it ended so many years ago but I’ll be damned if I can remember anything that is happening. The characters seem familiar but that’s it. I’ve either got a bad case of CRS or dementia is setting in.

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Been rewatching Lost on Hulu. I remember hating how it ended so many years ago but I’ll be damned if I can remember anything that is happening. The characters seem familiar but that’s it. I’ve either got a bad case of CRS or dementia is setting in.

A lot of people interpreted the ending to mean none of the stuff on the island ever happened. But it all did happen (and that's been confirmed by the creators). So if that was your take, maybe it'll help. I think I know why it was confusing but I don't want to spoil any of the in between stuff you forgot. If you wanna discuss when you're done, @ me.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Man that show was such a big hit.  I never ended up watching it, not really sure why.  I think it was just on during a point in my life where we were doing sand VB or something like that and I don't think I had DVR at the time. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

A lot of people interpreted the ending to mean none of the stuff on the island ever happened. But it all did happen (and that's been confirmed by the creators). So if that was your take, maybe it'll help. I think I know why it was confusing but I don't want to spoil any of the in between stuff you forgot. If you wanna discuss when you're done, @ me.

My only takeaway watching it the first time was that “Lost” was a very apt name. I was more lost by the time it was over than when I began :lol:

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man that show was such a big hit.  I never ended up watching it, not really sure why.  I think it was just on during a point in my life where we were doing sand VB or something like that and I don't think I had DVR at the time. 

You should watch it. It’s entertaining and will keep you guessing. Just be prepared to not understand s#!t once it’s over.

Just now, JJ Husker said:

You should watch it. It’s entertaining and will keep you guessing. Just be prepared to not understand s#!t once it’s over.

I do remember the ending causing some "issues" Ha!

20 years earlier fans were like "Oh, guess what, that entire season we just watched of Dallas was just a dream and Bobby is alive, cool"

20 years later people didn't wanted answers!  Ha

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I do remember the ending causing some "issues" Ha!

20 years earlier fans were like "Oh, guess what, that entire season we just watched of Dallas was just a dream and Bobby is alive, cool"

20 years later people didn't wanted answers!  Ha

It wasn’t a dream. But the creators failed to explain it properly.