Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 12/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, Madcows said:

SOA jumped the shark for me during the Ireland season. Just lost interest in it. I think I muscled through at least one more season, but don't think I finished and have no desire to start Mayans.

Oh my god, yes!

That Ireland season was sooooo dumb and it kept getting lamer.  

Leave the World Behind.

Nexflix

It is pretty good.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am a big Ethan Hawke fan, I never thought he got as popular as he should have but I also think he sort of likes being a non-movie star that is still really popular. 

It is pretty long too, over 2 hours.

I liked it. I couldn’t even get pissed at the ending, I just laughed.

• TBH 1

13 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Okay, done. I liked it. 

A bit unnerving and topical. I too didn't mind the ending. 

My wife on the other hand...

I quote "ah man, what the...?!?!" well you know lol

Yeah, I just chuckled and went on to the next thing but my wife was semi pissed it ended that way.

I saw that one coming a mile away but I didn’t know it would just end there :lol:

• TBH 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

About 30 minutes into Sound of Freedom.  

It is really good so far and does Jim Cavizzale (clearly that is not how you spell it but I can't spell) age??

I saw it in the theater.  It's a good movie.  I walked out of it very tense and irritated tho as I have a young daughter.  Disgusting how some people are.  

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I saw it in the theater.  It's a good movie.  I walked out of it very tense and irritated tho as I have a young daughter.  Disgusting how some people are.  

Two things.

1.  It is shot "weird", like, a made for TV movie but not with that soap opera look. It is hard to explain.  I am not a film snob, I never have been and I never will be, I hate film snobs but it was just weird.

2.  I could imagine how horrible this is/was for parents with young kids.  I know we have dorks here that think the death penalty is bad and doesn't do anything...but if you hurt kids, sell kids, traffic kids...you should be tortured and executed on PPV tv and anyone who doesn't think so is insane.  

• TBH 1
Just now, teachercd said:

Two things.

1.  It is shot "weird", like, a made for TV movie but not with that soap opera look. It is hard to explain.  I am not a film snob, I never have been and I never will be, I hate film snobs but it was just weird.

2.  I could imagine how horrible this is/was for parents with young kids.  I know we have dorks here that think the death penalty is bad and doesn't do anything...but if you hurt kids, sell kids, traffic kids...you should be tortured and executed on PPV tv and anyone who doesn't think so is insane.  

The fact that people who hurt/molest kids are treated like s#!t by other inmates in prison should tell you all you need to know.  My daughter is about to turn 9 and I always have people stop and comment on how pretty she is.  I find it disturbing even when women do it because I've never stopped a complete stranger to compliment their kid.  I don't even like kids except my daughter.  

9 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

The fact that people who hurt/molest kids are treated like s#!t by other inmates in prison should tell you all you need to know.  My daughter is about to turn 9 and I always have people stop and comment on how pretty she is.  I find it disturbing even when women do it because I've never stopped a complete stranger to compliment their kid.  I don't even like kids except my daughter.  

So I do a prison field trip each year for a class I teach.  

At the end of the visit we get to speak to 1-3 inmates, they are SUPER honest about prison (they are super dishonest about their cases because we research them afterwards).

Either I or one of my students will ask these two questions each time...

1.  "Do you think the death penalty should be used?": 

- Answer, EVERY TIME,  "Oh my god, yes, some of the people in here and other spots I have been, they need to be executed.  They s#!t they talk about and stuff they brag about that they never got caught for, yeah, they need to die" 

2.  "How are inmates that hurt kids treated?"
-  They are kept separate from use for the most part, so we hardly see them BUT if you have bad charges, you are gonna get your a$$ beat, a lot.  You have about 2 weeks to show your papers for why you are here, you don't get to hurt kids or old people"

• Plus1 2