Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, that caused the fans to freak out a bit.

I’m guessing Lost will go much better for me 2nd time around. I don’t have any expectation of my questions being answered.

Sort of like watching GoT a 2nd-3rd-4th time. I was super pissed the 1st time because they made Brandon king (among other things) but once you expect that, it helps it seem not quite so bad.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I’m guessing Lost will go much better for me 2nd time around. I don’t have any expectation of my questions being answered.

Sort of like watching GoT a 2nd-3rd-4th time. I was super pissed the 1st time because they made Brandon king (among other things) but once you expect that, it helps it seem not quite so bad.

The GOT ending was just soooooo blah..

Plus, Brandon was sooooo blah.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The GOT ending was just soooooo blah..

Plus, Brandon was sooooo blah.

Yeah, let’s take the kid that had hallucinations and got dragged around the countryside on a stretcher for 7 seasons and name HIM king. Getting pissed just thinking about it again. Too bad the fall didn’t do him in :lol:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, let’s take the kid that had hallucinations and got dragged around the countryside on a stretcher for 7 seasons and name HIM king. Getting pissed just thinking about it again. Too bad the fall didn’t do him in :lol:

I feel like there were a few seasons where we didn't even see him!

• Plus1 1

I watched a few episodes, El Chapo series.  So-so series.  Real story I think.  One episode, tunnel prison escape .... though I didn't understand motorcycle tunnel.  This tunnel was less than 1 mile distance.

BTW, "El Chapo", Mexican slang for "shorty" .... his 5'-5" stature.  Actor, Marco de la O as Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, normal height.

AP_Mexico_Drug_Lord_160109_DC_16x9_992.j

El Chapo

Marco

El_Chapo_Netflix_poster.jpg

The Program on Netflix was interesting and honestly kinda sad. There's another similar one on there called Hell Camp: Teen Nightmare.

Lover, Stalker, Killer was good too. Some of it takes place in Omaha. 

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, GSG said:

The Program on Netflix was interesting and honestly kinda sad. There's another similar one on there called Hell Camp: Teen Nightmare.

Lover, Stalker, Killer was good too. Some of it takes place in Omaha. 

Watching the Hell Camp one...

Kind of interesting and not sure what I really believe just yet.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:49 PM, teachercd said:

Watching the Hell Camp one...

Kind of interesting and not sure what I really believe just yet.

So looks like you changed your post lol

• Plus1 1

Anyone else cooking through The Gentlemen on Netflix? @teachercd show would probably be right up your alley. IIRC you mentioned that you liked the Guy Richie style British crime shows. 

I'm halfway through so far and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It's pretty slick, has some good humor, pretty much a classic Guy Ritchie program except it's a TV show which is great because it's 8 hours of fun versus 2!

• Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 3/7/2024 at 4:37 PM, teachercd said:

They tried so hard to make it Dallas (even going as far to say that it was NOT like Dallas because it was clearly like Dallas) but they are missing what makes a show like that great 

JR Ewing is still probably one of the most hated but loved characters in TV history (Someone mentioned Walter White, he is probably #2)

Bobby Ewing, that guy you sort of rooted for.  Everyone in Yellowstone is kind of annoying.

I appreciate everyone's take on Yellowstone so that I don't feel crazy.  But I think you are dead right that it tried to be Dallas.....but in Montana??!?. 

And nearly every character in the series is awful, they look to leathery, and dusty in what they think cowboys and country girls dress like..... Just rich and spoiled and backstabbing and bulls#!t.......  Montana seems like a peaceful place so I feel bad about that.

I gave it 5 more episodes, just in case.  :P

Nope, it didn't change my mind other than wasting hours that I could have enjoyed playing my guitar lol.