Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Watched ep1 last night. The subtitles weren’t a problem. A fair amount of it was in English anyway. More confusing were all the referenced characters who I wasn’t quite sure who they are yet. Going to have to delay going further for now though. I’m on a mission to finish Lost.

Sorry I should've clarified. The subtitles are a problem when I'm working lol

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 4/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, teachercd said:

The new Roadhouse is bad but still okay.  It is not a remake, I mean, it is the same idea but it is not just a remake. 

Yeah, it isn’t getting nominated for any awards but it was kind of a fresh twist on the original. I did like the soundtrack. Lots of unique music.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 3/11/2024 at 5:33 PM, Moiraine said:

A lot of people interpreted the ending to mean none of the stuff on the island ever happened. But it all did happen (and that's been confirmed by the creators). So if that was your take, maybe it'll help. I think I know why it was confusing but I don't want to spoil any of the in between stuff you forgot. If you wanna discuss when you're done, @ me.

Okay I got all the way through Lost. I have no idea why I thought I had seen the whole series before. I think all I watched years ago was s1 and maybe part of s2. It makes perfect sense once you watch the whole thing. I was not Lost when it was over. I mean it was confusing at times with all the flash forwards, backwards and sideways and some of the weird stuff that occurs on the island but they explained everything pretty well by the end.

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Okay I got all the way through Lost. I have no idea why I thought I had seen the whole series before. I think all I watched years ago was s1 and maybe part of s2. It makes perfect sense once you watch the whole thing. I was not Lost when it was over. I mean it was confusing at times with all the flash forwards, backwards and sideways and some of the weird stuff that occurs on the island but they explained everything pretty well by the end.

I feel like 75% of the people who hated it think that nothing on the island ever happened, even though it flat out says in the last episode that it all happened. I think the other 25% just don't like the Christiany ending.

23 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I feel like 75% of the people who hated it think that nothing on the island ever happened, even though it flat out says in the last episode that it all happened. I think the other 25% just don't like the Christiany ending.

It was because during season 1 a bunch of fans guessed the ending (which I won't spoil for anyone) and the producers stated that it wasn't. So a lot of people were confused/annoyed because they lied about what was happening. Plus when they get off the island but then have to go back really was terrible writing, which was when I stopped watching.

On 4/7/2024 at 2:39 PM, Moiraine said:

5 hours ago, RedDenver said:

It was because during season 1 a bunch of fans guessed the ending (which I won't spoil for anyone) and the producers stated that it wasn't. So a lot of people were confused/annoyed because they lied about what was happening. Plus when they get off the island but then have to go back really was terrible writing, which was when I stopped watching.

If you’re interested, this is the best rundown/explanation of Lost that I’ve seen. Listing the events in chronological order helps quite a bit.

https://hauntedcoconut.wordpress.com/2020/07/16/lost-the-island-smoke-monster-and-everything-else-explained/

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Now you need to find the 2 Lost actors who are in Shogun

Richard Alpert and Dogen.

Yeah I cheated. Nestor Carbonell was easy to pick out, his dark eye makeup always kinda creeps me out. Hiroyuki Sanada was tougher to find.

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Shogun's still great. Fallout's great. So much good TV lately. 

3 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I've been watching Fallout on Prime.  Not necessary to be someone  who has played the game to enjoy it. 

I have not played the game and am not familiar with it but I was looking forward to this series based on the trailers I saw. I usually like post apocalyptic stuff. I guess I was expecting something a little different and more serious. I’m only 4 episodes in and 3 & 4 have been better but I wasn’t too impressed with the beginning. It’s an odd mix of being light and unserious but with serious violence mixed in. It’s growing on me but I’ll need to see more before I’ll say it’s good.