S Su'a Cravens [USC Commit]

Nexus

He would start right away if he got here.

We hear this every year about a handful of recruits. Who was the last true Frosh to start at safety? Even if we get this guy, I doubt he'll start. But I'd make that same statement about every recruit.

Ralph Brown

He was a CB, and that was 1996.

Sorry just glance at your post. Safety wise I can't think of an example, but he was my defensive back example. My point though is with the lack of safeties Nebraska returns next year and with the amount of talent Su'a posses, I without a doubt think he would start his freshman season for the Huskers.

Sorry just glance at your post. Safety wise I can't think of an example, but he was my defensive back example. My point though is with the lack of safeties Nebraska returns next year and with the amount of talent Su'a posses, I without a doubt think he would start his freshman season for the Huskers.

It's the "without a doubt" part that I disagree with, but I see what you're saying. My point is that I can't ever remember a true frosh starting at safety for NU (and we've had some pretty spectacular talent at that position), so why would you be so confident that some recruit will play right away? I don't think he's got significantly more potential than Cooper did.

Regardless, I still hope we bring in good talent every year, and hopefully Su'a can be part of that.

It's the "without a doubt" part that I disagree with, but I see what you're saying. My point is that I can't ever remember a true frosh starting at safety for NU (and we've had some pretty spectacular talent at that position), so why would you be so confident that some recruit will play right away? I don't think he's got significantly more potential than Cooper did.

Regardless, I still hope we bring in good talent every year, and hopefully Su'a can be part of that.

Let him play special teams or corner or hybrid position as a true frosh then move him

Someone will need to start alongside Cooper next year (assuming Cooper even starts), who else would suggest that would be?

Someone will need to start alongside Cooper next year (assuming Cooper even starts), who else would suggest that would be?

Harvey Jackson is supposed to be really showing well. I don't get this overwhelming desire to have a true frosh play. Physical skills are not the issue, it is knowing the scheme and having to be a QB of the D. We saw what happened last year from inexperience, heck Stafford had issues playing well all the time and he is as gifted as Sua is. I would argue Cooper is as well.

last time I was in Lincoln, I went to the place that has the famous cinnasticks things... not good mexican food. Ya'll need to come to San Antonio, TX if you want some real mexican food!!!

You have to go to a genuine Taqueria for that... I do not know of any that are in Omaha/Lincoln.

there are about a bajillion taquerias in omaha