S Su'a Cravens [USC Commit]

Nexus

At the end of Simmons’ article, there’s a bit about Murrieta QB Nick Stevens. No offers yet, but he presents a interesting resume: 4.37 GPA

When did the grading scale go past 4.0? :blink:

Some schools offer weighted classes/college courses that are out of a 5.0 scale.

For my old high school, some of our higher education courses were a full 1.0 point higher than the average grading scale for transcripts.

So say if you get a B for the course, you get a 4.0, a= 5.0, c = 3.0, etc.

I think they do it to encourage more kids to participate and to reward them (rather than punish them) for their initiative.

At the end of Simmons’ article, there’s a bit about Murrieta QB Nick Stevens. No offers yet, but he presents a interesting resume: 4.37 GPA

When did the grading scale go past 4.0? :blink:

Don't know about Corncraze and using a 5.0 scale but my school gave you a bump if you took Honors or AP courses. As long as you pass the course you got an extra 0.015 (honors) and 0.025 (AP) tacked onto your GPA. An incentive for the assumed GPA drop by taking the harder one. The real downside to this is the amount of courses that the school offers. I graduated with a 4.7 but my buddy from another school only had a 4.15 because there were no more for him to take instead. Things like that make me think of anything over a 3.5 as basically the same thing, awesome for the kid and we have nothing to worry about.

I just saw a video on YouTube about Cravens. Has an interview with him, his stats from high school last year, as well as video from his time at the New Level Athletics 7 on 7 in Las Vegas. They also had some high school footage of him. Seems like a great kid with an unholy amount of skill. Would love to get him. Check him out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haWbPqWHivQ&feature=bf_prev&list=PL29D6CF0750833403&lf=plpp_video

Lots of teams pushing for him, but good to hear we're still in the running after all this time!

He would start right away if he got here.

We hear this every year about a handful of recruits. Who was the last true Frosh to start at safety? Even if we get this guy, I doubt he'll start. But I'd make that same statement about every recruit.

Not a safety, but Tyler Moore started at tackle last year as a true freshman. Keep in mind we don't get a lot of five-star players that are ready to come in and start right away. I'm not saying he will, just saying we don't typically get those guys.

We hear this every year about a handful of recruits. Who was the last true Frosh to start at safety? Even if we get this guy, I doubt he'll start. But I'd make that same statement about every recruit.

Not a safety, but Tyler Moore started at tackle last year as a true freshman. Keep in mind we don't get a lot of five-star players that are ready to come in and start right away. I'm not saying he will, just saying we don't typically get those guys.

And Tyler didn't hold that spot once Marcel got healthy. Fact is that Sua doesn't know the system and other talented players such as Cooper do.

in my opinion he would start right away he is ready for d1 football. but if he didnt start right away he would still find himself on the field quite frequently. cant keep talent like that on the sidelines. thats just an opinion obviously not a fact. its just exciting to be in the mix for an athlete like that.

And Tyler didn't hold that spot once Marcel got healthy. Fact is that Sua doesn't know the system and other talented players such as Cooper do.

Cooper will be here, but Stafford, Osborne, Smith and Blachford will all be gone. You think Harvey Jackson is the other starter? or Bronson Marsh? I guess Alonzo Moore could be a possibility, but ya I honestly think Su'a would earn a starting spot in his first 3-4 games here.

Outside of natural aesthetics of Southern Cali, we offer pretty much everything his other favorites do. One thing that concerns me is that we're not a flashy school, coaches or fans. I hope he can see past it. Bo would turn an athlete into a monster, but as we've seen in the past, obvious facts, aren't enough. I guess his spring game visit is up in the air as I haven't heard anything.

Ralph Brown

He was a CB, and that was 1996.