S Su'a Cravens [USC Commit]

Nexus

We had almost no shot at this kid from the start so oh well....

The only thing we had, and the only reason he even considered us, was that his friend and former teammate Corey Whitaker signed with us.

Bo Pelini and Nebraska will NEVER sign these truly elite players until they start recruiting like SEC schools and U$C...paying them thousands of dollars each month.

Bo can and will, but he needs to start winning Championships.

The only thing we had, and the only reason he even considered us, was that his friend and former teammate Corey Whitaker signed with us.

Bo Pelini and Nebraska will NEVER sign these truly elite players until they start recruiting like SEC schools and U$C...paying them thousands of dollars each month.

Winning the Rose bowl would be great start. Winning an MNC would be even better.

You guys are dreaming...It's a good dream don't get me wrong...

But the reality is much more stark and dreary...Nebraska is, at best, an after thought to these truly elite players.

These 5 :star kids only respond to $$$$ because they have NFL expectations and for a coach like Bo Pelini to tell an elite kid coming out of high school that he'll have to work for, and earn, his spot is not what they want to hear. They want a coach like Lane Kiffen who will whisper how great they are into their ears while paying them thousands of dollars each month. That's the reality of recruiting and that's why Nebraska always loses.

You guys are dreaming...It's a good dream don't get me wrong...

But the reality is much more stark and dreary...Nebraska is, at best, an after thought to these truly elite players.

These 5 :star kids only respond to $$$$ because they have NFL expectations and for a coach like Bo Pelini to tell an elite kid coming out of high school that he'll have to work for, and earn, his spot is not what they want to hear. They want a coach like Lane Kiffen who will whisper how great they are into their ears while paying them thousands of dollars each month. That's the reality of recruiting and that's why Nebraska always loses.

So you are in the minds of every elite prospect? Just curious because the word "every" is kind of a stretch.

If Bo starts winning championships with the 3 and 4 star guys he gets now, then why wouldwe need the 5star "elite" guys?

If Bo starts winning championships with the 3 and 4 star guys he gets now, then why wouldwe need the 5star "elite" guys?

That's a big if, bro.

Need to land some of these guys the big sharks are after if we want to accomplish the lofty goals we all set for NU.

(Don't mind me. I'm just irritable 'cause we lost out on yet another big recruit. And I f'ing HATE little laney kwiffin, regardless of who his dad is.)

That's a big if, bro.

Need to land some of these guys the big sharks are after if we want to accomplish the lofty goals we all set for NU.

(Don't mind me. I'm just irritable 'cause we lost out on yet another big recruit. And I f'ing HATE little laney kwiffin, regardless of who his dad is.)

I absolutely agree with you. NU needs to recruit well to start being a top 10 team every year. My problem is this: Everyone thinks we need big time recruits so we can start winning championships, but then say that we need to start winning championships so that we can start getting these elite recruits like Cravens. This doesn't make sense. One of these will have to happen without the other.

The kids in our program have zero talent. There is not a good ball player in the bunch of them.

Bo can't recruit. He will never win.

(Im just tieing up some loose ends for everyone)

it's about time, where you been?

I've just been smashing myself in the face with a hammer thinking about how untalented Rex, Kenny Bell, and our whole team are. I believe someone once quoted on here that we have "MAC talent at best."

The kids in our program have zero talent. There is not a good ball player in the bunch of them.

Bo can't recruit. He will never win.

(Im just tieing up some loose ends for everyone)

:lol:

We have high level athletes on this team. At every position. All of them recruited by Bo and his assistants.

I just really hoped we'd land this kid, found out we didn't, and got a little bitchy about it. Seems like lately I've zeroed on like four of five kids I desperately hoped we'd land (Owa, Peat, Fuller, I dunno, couple others) and all of them went elsewhere, obviously. Cravens was one of those guys. Just threw a little tantrum about it when I found out. Like I said, don't mind me.