The next player thats gonna get us all excited at this years Red-White game

I hope to see Aaron Green, Jamal Turner, Smoove Seisay, and Taylor Martinez have great games. Taylor needs to have a good showing in order to quiet a few of the haters for a few months.

You're gonna see less of TM than you did in last years SG. The game isn't meant for a third year starter at QB. It's meant for the younger guys. The last thing you want is for TM to take off for the sideline and rupture an Achilles. TM isn't gonna quiet the hatred in the spring. He has to do that next year against UM and Ohio St on the road.

Right. What I expect from Taylor in this spring game is to stand in the pocket and throw good passes down the field and for the receivers to catch it every time it hits their hands.

I want someone to step up huge filling LaVonte's shoes. I don't know who it is but I hope someone is ready to come in and get even half the tackles David got. We are losing one hell of a ball player there. Hopefully whoever it is comes out of the gates like a beast and makes me feel a bit better about the situation heading into the fall.

I hate to say it, but after the past 7-8 yrs I really do not care to much about the spring game. Great to see some of the new guys and others who have improved after some more time in the weight room/summer ball etc...... It just doesn't seem to really translate into anything in the season. JT and Carnes electrified last year. Dailey was like Tom Brady etc......

To go with the theme, I would really like to see one of the triplets light it up or Osbourne back in the mix. In 2010 he really seemed promising.

I would really like to see more info like used to be on Husker Power. (I think that was the site) I really liked seeing the verticals, 40 times, lifts, records etc.....

I remember seeing Derek Slaughter's HS tape and was excited by his speed and ability to find the ball. I know it may not have been the best of competition. I'm pulling for him to do well.

I remember Lavonte David talked a little bit about Slaughter and Santos during fall camp last year. Pretty impressive to rack up over 250 tackles in your junior and senior season at the high school level and to only be 5'11" 195 lbs. I do hope he adds some weight though during winter conditioning.

Kid has good speed off the edge, good instincts when to jump the snap count and who to tackle when into the backfield. Good motor and doesn't give up. But for those who though David was undersized, this guy is even more undersized.

Thanks for finding that video of DS! I hope that a year at the training table and in the weight room has allowed him to add needed muscle weight. I love his motor and his heat seeking missle attitude.

He played CB in high school as well, wouldn't be too surprised if he made that switch if LB doesn't work out.