corncraze

Player: Dontavious Heard

Hometown: Lithonia, Ga.

School: Martin Luther King HS

Position: CB

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 180

40 time: 4.66?

Scholarships: Committed to Utah State also has an offer from Memphis.

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

247: :star :star

Apparently he may be visiting soon via Scout

Nebraska is taking a couple of last looks around the country for their 2012 class that could finish up like a whirlwind. Could this cornerback from Georgia be a late option? Come inside for the details.

http://nebraska.scou...%2f1150640.html

Probably shouldn't pass judgment without seeing any film on him, but if true this is disheartening. As far as plans go, this one is pretty far down the alphabet.

Couldn't we get by with Seisay + 1 (most likely Ford) in this class? Unless this is kid is a diamond in the rough, maybe we should hold onto the scholarship and spread a wider net earlier in the recruiting process for 2013.

I understand that every year we will have an area or two of greater need but this is becoming a pattern. This we we overloaded on LBs and when this class cycles through it's comfortable we will have to load up heavy again on LBs. Now it's looking possible that next year we will have to load up on DBs. Here's the problem I see with this scenario.

You better be right- when you take 4 of any position you better hope half pan out or you actually gain no ground assuming you have a few contributors at the position.

Maintain balance- I'd like to see a blueprint followed whatever they think is ideal as far as how many targets to take at all positions on the field.

The sky is falling- now that we've missed basically most of our top targets this ear at DB we start to get a little antsy and start reaching, offering guys that were nowhere to be seen at the start of the process. Its like we are offering just the sake of offering. Just cause your moving doesn't mean your always moving forward!

Coach em up- our fallback position on taking lesser talented recruits is our blinding belief in Bos ability to get the most out of these guys. And I do believe he has done a great job of that so far, But his room for error seems to be shrinking. It could be just me but this last season he looked very frustrated in the constant mental breakdowns and I think he could see a talent deficiency ESP. On the defensive side! I don't know. I suppose every year this is nerve-racking and Bo pulls it together in the end. To me it isn't frustrating anymore(missing on all our top targets) it's disappointing.