Tommy Armstrong

mwj98

I am wondering where is Carnes in all this? seems like history has shown us TM is Bo's guy regardless so I dont see how Armstrong is going to do anything but RS sit and learn. Carnes didnt even get a look hardly during the season so how is Armstong going to step in? If it really is an open competition we will see in the fall hope the best man wins!!! Glad TA picked us welcome young man GOBIGRED

^^^^^ You can let them sh#t outside ya know? lol

Cats can actually piss and poop in the toilet. You can train them. Don't get me wrong, not a huge fan of cats, but I have a relative that has a cat and it uses the toilet. Pretty slick really. Anyways, back to the topic.

I love Tommy Armstrong and could see him pushing for playing time late this year and definitely pushing for starting job in 2013. The kid is already way ahead of TM right now. So this will be TM's 4th year and Armstong's 1st and Tommy is already way further along mechanically than TM? You make the assumption.

wouldn't take much for him to be mechanically ahead of TM, but you know Bo.......very unlikely to let a true freshman play in his 1st year....big transistion from HS to college ball.

Was it just me, or did he only score once...on a highlight reel?!

The entire second half of that reel was against one team. And, a lot of players have several highlight videos lasting longer than just 1:21. This seems like it was a small snippet from a much larger video.

It's not really about the scores. Heck a highlight video can include incompletions if they show the guy doing good things - making a good read pre-snap, or choosing the right receiver to throw to in a tough situation, for example. I would even accept taking a sack where that was the smart thing to do as opposed to trying to force it.

I reallly don't get the logic behind the Tommie Frazier comparisons or the next Tommie talk. Tommie would have been good at the zone read option game yes. But, as far as where Bo and Beck want the O to go he would not have been the man. He was as bad or more than likely worse than T-Mart in the passing game. He was a Great QB for us and a legend because he fit the O we were in at the time through in through. It is just not a fair comparison for either side IMO.

What's up with the whole running and lowering your head stuff? I haven't seen that in a while and am unsure what the purpose of it is. :sarcasm

Dude looks like the real deal, BUT so has every other kid we have recruited and including the vast majority of any player in the past 8 yrs who played a down in the spring game.

I am significantly limiting my expectations of any player new and/or current until game time. That way, rain or shine I will not be too upset.

What's up with the whole running and lowering your head stuff? I haven't seen that in a while and am unsure what the purpose of it is. :sarcasm

Dude looks like the real deal, BUT so has every other kid we have recruited and including the vast majority of any player in the past 8 yrs who played a down in the spring game.

I am significantly limiting my expectations of any player new and/or current until game time. That way, rain or shine I will not be too upset.

Yeah, every year the internet genius crowd proclaims the new incoming freshman qb to be the new Frazier, Crouch or Gill. J. Daily has "it"! C. Green has "it"! B. Carnes has "it"! T. Armstrong has "it"! They "all" should be our immediate starter! Never played one single snap of div1 cfb? So what? And so on & so on & so on.......haha, it never ends.

High school high-lite reels just isn't the same thing (at all). But that's ok. Gotta have fun!

GBR!!

Yeah, every year the internet genius crowd proclaims the new incoming freshman qb to be the new Frazier, Crouch or Gill. J. Daily has "it"! C. Green has "it"! B. Carnes has "it"! T. Armstrong has "it"! They "all" should be our immediate starter! Never played one single snap of div1 cfb? So what? And so on & so on & so on.......haha, it never ends.

High school high-lite reels just isn't the same thing (at all). But that's ok. Gotta have fun!

GBR!!

I never claim that a single recruit has "it." A player has "it" when he goes and wins us a big game in a big time atmosphere. In my opinion, there is only an "it" factor with Lavonte, Rex, and Dennard. Not too many other kids at this point.