Nexus

SIGNED WR Demorea Stringfellow

Latest from Husker Journal:

APRIL 24, 2012. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS DEMOREA STRINGFELLOW, WR, 6-2, 185, MORENO VALLEY (RANCHO VERDE), CAL

Have offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, UCLA, Utah and Washington State

“I went to USC Junior Day’s and UCLA Junior Day’s. USC was pretty good I had a couple of teammates that I spoke with at Junior Day’s, I was really just talking to them.” Stringfellow said

Trojan Coaches To Stop By

“Coach said he will be out to see me, he said, “They want to make sure the receiver that is going to sign with will be able to go to school there. They are only giving out one scholarship offer at wide receiver.”

“Not really,” Stringfellow said if he liked USC campus, “It was isolated over there in South Los Angeles it’s not really a good town so it wasn’t for me.”

“It’s a nice campus,” he said of his recent visit to UCLA, “I got to meet all the new coaches and it’s nice over there. They told me the new offensive (spread) they are going to run. See how I fit in with that. UCLA is recruiting me as a slot receiver.”

Connections With Nebraska

“I’m interested in them (Nebraska) I have actually a couple of teammates (Quincy Enunwa and Eric Martin) that go there. I talk to them from time to time. They tell that they (NU) have a great coaching staff, beautiful campus.

“I want to get out of California,” he said. Nebraska is not too far away. I’m hoping to get out there for one of my officials. Early fall something like that.”

Stringfellow says the Husker players bond with the coaches a lot after football. They have the players come over at times for barbeques. NU coaches said Stringfellow has a chance to play early along with his teammate Enunwa.

Udub Next Visit

“I’m going to Washington this Saturday. The coaches are pretty nice up there. I talk to them on Facebook a lot. The campus is beautiful.”

Stringfellow said he’s going to take all five visits and see what school he is compatible with. Looking to bond with the coaches and early playing time.”

“I’m looking for a school that I want to major in (Kinesiology).” Stringfellow said

cornhead.gif

Crap. Didn't see he already had a profile.

Anyway here's a quote from him.

"(Quincy) tells me a lot of great things about the campus," Stringfellow said. "He's a good friend of mine and we always used to chill. He says (Nebraska) is really interested in me but he wants me to pick a school where I fit in and not just go there because of him."

If the staff can somehow get him and Morrow, we'd be looking good at WR, imo.

This is also what I'd like to see.

Link to article on Stringfellow...super prospect and kid can block...I like it...get him N.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/10/3009434/film-scouting-evaluation-wide-receiver-demorea-stringfellow-rancho-verdes-latest-top-prospect

If the staff can somehow get him and Morrow, we'd be looking good at WR, imo.

This is also what I'd like to see.

Link to article on Stringfellow...super prospect and kid can block...I like it...get him N.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/5/10/3009434/film-scouting-evaluation-wide-receiver-demorea-stringfellow-rancho-verdes-latest-top-prospect

Interesting read on the breakdown of this player. Do we have any coach on the staff that would teach this kid in the areas of weakness? Next, would we utilize his strengths or just make him another blocking WR? Both are questions I can't honestly answer. Still hopeful we open up the passing even though we are in a power running conference.

USC offered

does this really matter as he stated he wanted to get out of Cali... for was he just saying that cause he was salty that USC didnt offer!!!! ??

USC offered

does this really matter as he stated he wanted to get out of Cali... for was he just saying that cause he was salty that USC didnt offer!!!! ??

I think he wants that USC offer.

USC is getting a lot of press as being the only team that can break the SEC streak. Its a nice narrative, but idk if they will make it out of the PAC-10 unscathed.

USC offered
I think he wants that USC offer. USC is getting a lot of press as being the only team that can break the SEC streak. Its a nice narrative, but idk if they will make it out of the PAC-10 unscathed.

then if that is the case id say U$C has moved up to his first choice and you can throw out everything else he has previously said....

“Not really,” Stringfellow said if he liked USC campus, “It was isolated over there in South Los Angeles it’s not really a good town so it wasn’t for me.”

i'm not sure if we should be worried. as long as he's still coming the 31st. we still have a chance

247 does say he is still visiting the 31st. but he has listed a top 4 of ole miss, washington, usc, florida

Visting today according to 24.7 hopefully it goes well.

Good news foe sure. Didn't Enunwa attend R.Verde? I might be mistaken

He did and so did Eric Martin.

im wondering if he made his visit cuz i havent heard anything about it. He had said before he was going to announce his decision june 1st. but he hasnt so any news about anything on this kid? speed? anybody? i dont have any info on him

im wondering if he made his visit cuz i havent heard anything about it. He had said before he was going to announce his decision june 1st. but he hasnt so any news about anything on this kid? speed? anybody? i dont have any info on him

Maybe he hasn't left here yet?

Maybe he hasn't left here yet?

This is what I am guessing as well. I would expect to hear something around Tuesday or Wednesday.

as I said before Im not sure he made his unofficial that he was scheduled for on may 31st. If he did does anyone have anything on how it went or if it even happened? speed? anybody? bc he is a big time prospect

USC did just get its second WR commit this week. He made it sound like their offer was contingent on them not getting the ONE WR they were going after. I would imagine he's no longer on their board.

Hearing he is wavering on Washington and opening up his recruitment. Same HS as Enunwa and EMart. Now with Johnny Football in as QB recruit we should make a go after this WR. Tough like Enunwa at WR with bigtime playmaking abilities.

Our highest ranked WR is Kevin Gladney at #51. (Rivals) Would be nice to get a top 10 WR like Demorea chuckleshuffle

As relative and trivial as this is gonna sound, here goes.

If it'll make you feel better here's a positive spin to the Gladney ranking. Justin Blackmon was considered the 91st best WR by Rivals.

Not saying Gladney will turn out like Blackmon. Just putting things in perspective and this is just one of many examples, obviously.

Hearing he is wavering on Washington and opening up his recruitment. Same HS as Enunwa and EMart. Now with Johnny Football in as QB recruit we should make a go after this WR. Tough like Enunwa at WR with bigtime playmaking abilities.

Wow. He made it almost 11 days before he wavered. Don't buy it.

If we could flip a UW commit, applaud our coaches big time. UWs Lupoi is one of the best recruiters out there. And this kid has always planned on taking visits to other schools. He is up for grabs as much as any of our verbals until signing day.

thats some good news if its true, unfortunately as it may be good news for us, we need to keep contact with our own recruits so things like this don't happen with us.

I'd be curious if his "wavering" is because of issues with Washington or if it is character issues. Any insight? Just don't know what is going on.

According to my source, UW figured he'd be taking his visits but still filling confident in him sticking to his commitment. Told Scott Eklund, paraphrasing, that he is happy with his decision and excited to be at UW with his future teammates.

I'd be curious if his "wavering" is because of issues with Washington or if it is character issues. Any insight? Just don't know what is going on.

He was part of a huge wave of commits that happened during Washington's Big Red Weeked-type deal. My guess is he got caught-up in the visit high and the other guys jumping to commit then got home, calmed-down,and started rethinking things. It's fine to go for the close on visits but it's still a double-edged sword. You increase the commits but also increase the number of guys with second thoughts.

He was part of a huge wave of commits that happened during Washington's Big Red Weeked-type deal. My guess is he got caught-up in the visit high and the other guys jumping to commit then got home, calmed-down,and started rethinking things. It's fine to go for the close on visits but it's still a double-edged sword. You increase the commits but also increase the number of guys with second thoughts.

He and Elijah Qualls have stated that they were the ones that organized the big group commitment.

I have always liked our chances here even with his committment to Washington and with how we use our WRs and the respect our staff has from his HS coaches, it isn't out of the question or realm of possibility.

claims he is still super solid to Washington.... but still gonna come over and check us out.... who is getting played here? or perhaps a little of both?

im leaning towards that conclusion too... obviously he cant be all that solid... throw out some guys from his old HS and impress him and who knows... we can only hope for a seed being planted..... but win and what more can we do!!

He should be rethinking things. The loss of OC/QB-coach Nussmeier to bama has really hurt Washington, playcalling has fallen-off and Price doesn't look nearly as good. The most they have scored against a Div1A opponent is 21.

im leaning towards that conclusion too... obviously he cant be all that solid... throw out some guys from his old HS and impress him and who knows... we can only hope for a seed being planted..... but win and what more can we do!!

He did tell UW that he would be taking his officials when he committed to them, and they were okay with that. However, he definitely does have some serious interest in us. And having some of his ex-teammates having so much success this year could/should help us out a bit.