SIGNED WR Demorea Stringfellow

Nexus

The incident -- in which Stringfellow's lawyer, according to the Seattle Times, said Stringfellow was just protecting a teammate who was a Broncos fan -- is not indicative of the player Duffy calls "String."

"He was awesome in my program," Duffy said. "He's a really good kid. String, I can vouch for. He's babysat my kids."

Duffy compared Stringfellow to Enunwa -- who recently completed his eligibility at Nebraska and was selected in the NFL draft by the New York Jets -- in terms of size and physicality.

"But String is more experienced than Quincy was," Duffy said. "String was a three-year starter, whereas Quincy was just scratching the surface in his senior year. String was involved in a million 7-on-7 games. His experience level, coming out of high school, was much greater than Quincy's."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/recruiting-nebraska-still-in-running-for-stringfellow/article_9d2dd97c-e127-11e3-a02d-001a4bcf6878.html

The incident -- in which Stringfellow's lawyer, according to the Seattle Times, said Stringfellow was just protecting a teammate who was a Broncos fan -- is not indicative of the player Duffy calls "String."

"He was awesome in my program," Duffy said. "He's a really good kid. String, I can vouch for. He's babysat my kids."

Duffy compared Stringfellow to Enunwa -- who recently completed his eligibility at Nebraska and was selected in the NFL draft by the New York Jets -- in terms of size and physicality.

"But String is more experienced than Quincy was," Duffy said. "String was a three-year starter, whereas Quincy was just scratching the surface in his senior year. String was involved in a million 7-on-7 games. His experience level, coming out of high school, was much greater than Quincy's."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/recruiting-nebraska-still-in-running-for-stringfellow/article_9d2dd97c-e127-11e3-a02d-001a4bcf6878.html

I have heard this comparison multiple times now, but Stringfellow is said to be more next level because of his explosiveness. Big body guy and explosiveness, talk about stretching the field. He would be great for our run game in both blocking and forcing the safeties to respect the deep ball.

I have yet to see anything stating that he has been given a release from UW, did I miss it? I understand that he will have to sit a year, but what is the deadline for him to officially sign with NU to be on the 105 this summer?

Last I knew he didn't have his release but it was in the works at Washington. I don't think there's a deadline other than being here when camp starts.

I'm almost positive I saw a husker online article that stated he has been released but he is finishing a week or two of school then he will announce his decision.

Last I knew he didn't have his release but it was in the works at Washington. I don't think there's a deadline other than being here when camp starts.

I'm almost positive I saw a husker online article that stated he has been released but he is finishing a week or two of school then he will announce his decision.
Here's the free husker online article that says he has been released

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1642664

I bet Peterson at UW won't release him until their quarter is up, which is mid June. Correct me if I'm wrong, just my speculation, but probably why not much is being said. What are the rules for contacting a kid under scholly at another program and can the kid contact other programs? I assume this is why only his HS coach is speaking in his behalf?

EDIT: My b, was in middle of post before above post about being released.

Often, a coach will wait until the semester/finals are completely done. It gives the kid a break from relentless calls. I'd assume that is why his HS coach is the point-man. That doesn't stop the kid from reaching out.