DE Joe Mathis [Washington Commit]

Nexus

Hope im wrong but I think that Nebraska is in for a rough year. We have to close the deal this yr with some super studs and fill up with elite talent like THIS kid Mathis. If this season goes south, many fans will whine and moan about pelini and hot seat etc. This is never good for recruiting. We need to seal the deal with every elite stud we can and make sure our roster is loaded for 2014. I see a tough schedule mixed with so many questions on both of our lines for next season. I see potential but realistically I think we are going to have 5-6 losses soley because we failed to recruit well the first two/three seasons under pelini. We need to recruit, recruit, recruit. If somehow we emerge as a contender this year that would help but somehow we must get these type kids and get them in droves.

Step away from the edge.

Don't get a headstart on the whining and complaining. That's not good for recruiting either.

Hope im wrong but I think that Nebraska is in for a rough year. We have to close the deal this yr with some super studs and fill up with elite talent like THIS kid Mathis. If this season goes south, many fans will whine and moan about pelini and hot seat etc. This is never good for recruiting. We need to seal the deal with every elite stud we can and make sure our roster is loaded for 2014. I see a tough schedule mixed with so many questions on both of our lines for next season. I see potential but realistically I think we are going to have 5-6 losses soley because we failed to recruit well the first two/three seasons under pelini. We need to recruit, recruit, recruit. If somehow we emerge as a contender this year that would help but somehow we must get these type kids and get them in droves.

Everyone feels this way about recruiting EVERY YEAR!!! This is not a make or break year for Bo. They want the best kids every year. They don't recruit Any harder with the thought that their job is in jeopardy. This class I think will shape up nicely. Couple that with the last couple of classes and I believe we are building a team for the long haul. Not just recruiting stop gap classes like the first couple you mentioned.

Depth is what separates the top tier from the middle of the road teams. I think we're maybe one more class away! Then LOOK THE F&CK OUT!!! It will be on till the break of dawn my friend!! Time to adjust your thinking and have a little faith in the PROCESS!!! GBR :D

In the end Joe will make his choice and if we get him great, if not, so be it. These kids now a days have a lot of pressure on them and they change their minds all the time. I'd love to have this kid on the team, but until he signs on the dotted line I see him changing his mind at least 3 or 4 more times before February.

Sometimes we miss out on PROSPECTS. That's why they're called PROSPECTS.

We thought the world was gonna end when Owa went to UCLA. He started one game as a sophomore and is slated to be a backup as a junior. Maybe things would have been different here, but who knows.

Let's hope we get Joe. I think he's a prospect that could turn out to be great, but if he goes elsewhere, I won't be too worried. Pelini will make it work.

Someone reads rivals way too much.

I'll bet the farm we don't lose 6 games.

I rarely say this, but you are a broken record.

Even if Mathis committed here (and let's hope he does), we don't even no if he would qualify.

Even if Mathis committed here (and let's hope he does), we don't even no if he would qualify.

5-6 losses means conference losses because there is not a nonconference game we won't win, Ark state, and southern Miss lost a huge chunk of their team, UCLA would be the only one you could maybe make an argument against but it's not going to happen, that game will but similar to the game against washington, we are going to light up the scoreboard. Thus you are saying between Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern, Minnesota we will lose 5 or 6. If that does somehow happen, Pelini will be on the hott seat, but i just dont see it. You could have made this argument last year. Sure we will lose some, but we arn't that unlucky to lose 6 of 8 conference games. We have Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn State, and Minnesota, in that stretch we either go 2-2, or 3-1. Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, and Northwestern we are going anywhere between 1-3 and 3-1. I think the WORST case scenerio we have 5 losses, but it's just not going to happen. I bet we go 9-3, battling for the top spot.

Seems to be a theme with us....qualifying that is!!
  • 3 weeks later...

"California defender Joe Mathis says he is favoring three schools". From 24.7 sports Its premium info so I cant access it. I wold have to think it would be Nebraska, Michigan, Washington.

Bingo that is what his top 3 have been. USC put an article up on him on one of there pages saying they are cooling on mathis. Maybe its because he isnt too interested in them

"California defender Joe Mathis says he is favoring three schools". From 24.7 sports Its premium info so I cant access it. I wold have to think it would be Nebraska, Michigan, Washington.

Bingo that is what his top 3 have been. USC put an article up on him on one of there pages saying they are cooling on mathis. Maybe its because he isnt too interested in them

Yes it is true wish the same could be said for Cravens! Honsetly I think its Michigan vs Nebraska in this one. The only thing Washington has is location. And would could use the 2011 game to our advantage, Michigan scares me a lot in this one he seems to be very intrested in them.