Sanders to USC

lo country

Also will be interesting to see what Marvin does on the West Coast with all that "talent".

C'mon that was funny right there.

Didn't think of the perception when I wrote that. He did incredibly well here with our "no talent" DB's. Prince, Gomes, Haag, Fonzie, the BUllocks etc.....2003 led the nation in INT's, always ranked top 10 pass defense efficiency etc..... Basically shut down every NFL QB we faced. Guy could coac h his a$$ off and get the most from his kids. IMO, still our biggest loss to date with the program under Bo.

It will be interesting to see how well he does.

Also will be interesting to see what Marvin does on the West Coast with all that "talent".

Didn't think of the perception when I wrote that. He did incredibly well here with our "no talent" DB's. Prince, Gomes, Haag, Fonzie, the BUllocks etc.....2003 led the nation in INT's, always ranked top 10 pass defense efficiency etc..... Basically shut down every NFL QB we faced. Guy could coac h his a$$ off and get the most from his kids. IMO, still our biggest loss to date with the program under Bo.

PaulCrewe's joke went right over your head, didn't it? I got it Paul, I got it. And yes, I chuckled a little.

PaulCrewe's joke went right over your head, didn't it? I got it Paul, I got it. And yes, I chuckled a little.

Haha. Now that I saw your post, got my head around why he was let go, I get it. Funny and sad at the same time. Only heard the rumors, but must not have been as bad as some have speculated or two schools wouldn't have taken him. (Don't get into Carl's issues please) I haven't heard anything similar about Kiffin though.

Been a long time since I have heard "talent" used that way!

Well, I sure hope we can still get Cravens here..... Sanders at USC will be tough to pass up for him

I'm sure Cravens has no clue who Marvin Sanders is- it won't matter anyway, if USC wants him it wouldn't matter if they had OJ Simpson as the DB coach they should be considered leaders in his recruitment.

USC sure likes to take our sloppy seconds. First Jordan Congdon, then Gilmore, now Sanders. Gotta say though that Sanders is one hell of a coach and he should fit in well at USC with Monte Kiffin's defense.

Actually I give more credit to the players he had here. He's a solid coach no doubt but he's not the second coming by any means. HIs guys made him look very very very very good. Bo spent as much time helping him as anyone. I think had their not been such a drop off this year (which Marvin would have also had) that his "greatness" would much more debatalbe. I'm not stating he sucked as a coach, I'm just saying he benifited twice from someone elses evaluation of talent.

Perhaps if Marvin can mind himself inside the candy store that is USC, we could eventually hire him back in Lincoln down the road (say, when Kiffin moves on or is fired)?

While I'm warming to Raymond somewhat, I would rather have a proven commodity with Nebraska ties when it comes down to it.

Perhaps if Marvin can mind himself inside the candy store that is USC, we could eventually hire him back in Lincoln down the road (say, when Kiffin moves on or is fired)?

While I'm warming to Raymond somewhat, I would rather have a proven commodity with Nebraska ties when it comes down to it.

As long as Bo and TO are here Marvin won't be back as a coach.