CB Tre Bell [Florida Commit]

Player: Tre Bell

Hometown: Jersey City, NJ

School: St. Peters Prep

Position: CB

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 175

40 time:

Offers: Connecticut, Florida, South Carolina, South Florida, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, UCF

DRWLr.gif

Rivals: :star :star :star

Scout:

247: :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Wants To Visit Nebraka

“I’m definelty going to try to get there (Nebraska) soon they invited me to their junior days. I’m going to talk with my parents and see if we can see them either April 11 or April 24.” Bell said

“I like Nebraska a lot,” he said, “They are really a good Big Ten program, they have a really good secondary, Prince Amukamara, the Super Bowl champions Giants. I know they have great facilities, one of my teammates told me.”

“Coach Ross Els I met him last year. He Facebook messages me for me to call him on Monday. That is when I was offered. This offer came out of nowhere. I was surprised – I did accept it.” Bell said

“Coach Els said they needed me down there. I fit their (NU) schemes very well and they liked my highlight film. They really love me – recruiting me as a corner.” Bell said

http://huskerjournal.com/recruiting.php

Wants To Visit Nebraka

"I'm definelty going to try to get there (Nebraska) soon they invited me to their junior days. I'm going to talk with my parents and see if we can see them either April 11 or April 24." Bell said

"I like Nebraska a lot," he said, "They are really a good Big Ten program, they have a really good secondary, Prince Amukamara, the Super Bowl champions Giants. I know they have great facilities, one of my teammates told me."

"Coach Ross Els I met him last year. He Facebook messages me for me to call him on Monday. That is when I was offered. This offer came out of nowhere. I was surprised – I did accept it." Bell said

"Coach Els said they needed me down there. I fit their (NU) schemes very well and they liked my highlight film. They really love me – recruiting me as a corner." Bell said

http://huskerjournal.../recruiting.php

He accepted the scholarship or am I reading that wrong?...

Wants To Visit Nebraka

"I'm definelty going to try to get there (Nebraska) soon they invited me to their junior days. I'm going to talk with my parents and see if we can see them either April 11 or April 24." Bell said

"I like Nebraska a lot," he said, "They are really a good Big Ten program, they have a really good secondary, Prince Amukamara, the Super Bowl champions Giants. I know they have great facilities, one of my teammates told me."

"Coach Ross Els I met him last year. He Facebook messages me for me to call him on Monday. That is when I was offered. This offer came out of nowhere. I was surprised – I did accept it." Bell said

"Coach Els said they needed me down there. I fit their (NU) schemes very well and they liked my highlight film. They really love me – recruiting me as a corner." Bell said

I'm thinking he is saying that he didn't turn it down. He accepted the scholarship offer, but hasn't committed to the school yet. It's just like when a student will accept any scholarships and financial aid to the schools they are thinking about, but they still haven't decided what school yet. That's how I am reading it at least.

Wants To Visit Nebraka

I'm thinking he is saying that he didn't turn it down. He accepted the scholarship offer, but hasn't committed to the school yet. It's just like when a student will accept any scholarships and financial aid to the schools they are thinking about, but they still haven't decided what school yet. That's how I am reading it at least.

Gotcha, thanks.

Visiting Florida this weekend, South Carolina next weekend, and West Virginia on the 21st. Grew up a Florida fan FWIW.

Franklin is doing good things at Vandy.

He won't be there much longer.

The guy is a great speaker, relates well to everyone and "gets it"

He not only invites media coverage he begs for it. He was on Rob Dibbles radio show last night, at the end he said "Hey, we would LOVE if you came here and did a remote show from our campus, we would love to host you, you could hang out, watch practice/game and do you show"

Boom, that would be refreshing

If that doesn't give you chills, nothing will.

Franklin said when he hires an assistant, he looks at the guy's wife before he decides if he wants the guy. Said that if the wife is hot, then it means the guy has confidence in himself and that will translate into coaching.

Franklin said when he hires an assistant, he looks at the guy's wife before he decides if he wants the guy. Said that if the wife is hot, then it means the guy has confidence in himself and that will translate into coaching.

Still one of the single stupidest things I've ever heard. He might as well have said that he only looks at the cover of books to know if they're good or not.

Still one of the single stupidest things I've ever heard. He might as well have said that he only looks at the cover of books to know if they're good or not.

You mean that's not how ya do it? :P

Really? It is not even close to that. The guys he hires, he trusts, he feels like they make great choices, like they are "all that and a bag of chips" he wants to find out if their wives are the "total package" hot and have a great personality. He is implying that he already knows they will have great personalities and be great people, he just wants to find out if they are hot too.

Really? It is not even close to that. The guys he hires, he trusts, he feels like they make great choices, like they are "all that and a bag of chips" he wants to find out if their wives are the "total package" hot and have a great personality. He is implying that he already knows they will have great personalities and be great people, he just wants to find out if they are hot too.

Yeah, I don't think that's what he was saying based on before he decides. Either way, it's still completely stupid. Think about him hiring or not hiring a young Tom Osborne based on how Nancy looks. Abject idiocy.

So basically if the man's wife isn't up to some objective hotness standard he has, that man doesn't make good decisions and hence can't coach? Wow that might be one of the most chauvinist and misguided points of view I have ever heard of.

So basically if the man's wife isn't up to some objective hotness standard he has, that man doesn't make good decisions and hence can't coach? Wow that might be one of the most chauvinist and misguided points of view I have ever heard of.

Yeah, that is exactly what he is saying. Wow

:hmmph

He was not talking about that at all. He was referring to "skills", for lack of a better word, in marrying a beautiful woman and how they correlate to the ability to recruit well. Coaching ability was never in the context of this comment.

He was not talking about that at all. He was referring to "skills", for lack of a better word, in marrying a beautiful woman and how they correlate to the ability to recruit well. Coaching ability was never in the context of this comment.

We have a winner!

Sounds like someone has some Petrino issues...or maybe a little "Devil's Advocate" thing happening. "Here's the keys to the film room, Oh by the way, about your wife.."

HAHA!

Not to derail this anymore but if Petrino did what he did, 25 years ago, no one knows and no one cares. Some of the Devaney stories are legendary!

We have a winner!

Doesn't make it any less idiotic.

We have a winner!

Sure it does. Confidence, the ability to read people. the ability to separate yourself from competition and all that. However, that is not a conversation to have on this kids page. There was a big how-do-you-do about it when it came out and all of this was hashed out. If I had any idea on how to find it I would dig up the link for you.

We have a winner!

I don't know what to tell you, go hang out with girls that you don't think are pretty then.

We have a winner!

You are correct zeWilbur...I don't know where I got the coaching part but it did have to do with having confidence in selling the school to a kid.

We have a winner!

I don't know what to tell you, go hang out with girls that you don't think are pretty then.

I don't know what to tell you if how you date women is similar to how you recruit high school kids.

We have a winner!

I don't know what to tell you if how you date women is similar to how you recruit high school kids.

Deal