Who's going to be our new "tex-A$$"

gin_32

Back when we had a comfortable living in the Big 8 with our friends from Oklahoma, I always was weary about having Texas into the conference. Since the Big 12, Texas has had our number numerous times and now since that chapter in Husker history is over, I'm wondering who is going to be a thorn in our a$$ now that we don't have them on our schedule anymore. I know we only had one season in the B1G and it might be too soon judge, however, I truely believe that Michigan is going to be spoiler to us more than it should. Any thoughts??

Gotta to love the off-season!

Texas as in the team that you have trouble beating or the university that tries to hog all of the attention, money and success?

Honestly I don't know that Nebraska will find either in the Big Ten. We're at a weird point in the conference's history and a number of different things could happen but I don't see any team dominating NU quite like UT did. You'll struggle against OSU and maybe UM if they ever make it back but in the end I think the Huskers will win just as many as they lose against those teams.

Also no team is near the hog that Texas was in the Big Twelve. Ohio State's dominance was annoying but understandable and they got media attention because they deserved it; they won...a lot. But they didn't try to pay for that coverage or squeeze anyone else out. I may hate them but in the wide view of things they're team players in the conference. The Big Twelve was like a shaky business venture while the Big Ten is a long pedigreed fraternity, some brothers are richer and better looking than others but we're all pretty happy.

• Fire 3

This was more a reference of having a hard time beating Texas on a regular basis. Not sure how most other husker fans feel, but when Nebraska lose to Oklahoma it was like...good game, next game. But losing to Texas was just sickning and felt like I would experience a year long hangover.

I see you point where there is really no team in the B1G that will try to squeeze anyone out of media coverage becuase if they try that, they are only hurting themselves in the long run.

I would say the team that will take over as our Texas will be Ohio State. I think we got pretty fortunate this year with Miller getting hurt and now that they have Urban Meyer it's going to be a dogfight every single year, not to mention how tough it will be to win in the horseshoe.

Michigan is going to take over for Oklahoma in my book. I just see that turning into a really fun game every year with mutual respect between the two historic programs. I can tell already that "Hail to the Victors" is going to rank right up there with "Boomer Sooner" on my list of most hated fight songs though.

You could say that Northwestern is going to fill in for Iowa State as that pesky team in our division that is upset prone.

The list goes on, but to answer your question, I think Ohio State is going to give us problems in the future.

• Fire 1

I agree with Ohio State. For me, Wisconsin is going to be our new Oklahoma. They are so much like us and there is that 'Barry Alvarez was a former Husker' thang too. But I could see Michigan being the new OU as well. I also agree with the 'Northwestern=Iowa State' as the pesky team that we will have to watch out for every year.

I would say the team that will take over as our Texas will be Ohio State. I think we got pretty fortunate this year with Miller getting hurt and now that they have Urban Meyer it's going to be a dogfight every single year, not to mention how tough it will be to win in the horseshoe.

Michigan is going to take over for Oklahoma in my book. I just see that turning into a really fun game every year with mutual respect between the two historic programs. I can tell already that "Hail to the Victors" is going to rank right up there with "Boomer Sooner" on my list of most hated fight songs though.

You could say that Northwestern is going to fill in for Iowa State as that pesky team in our division that is upset prone.

The list goes on, but to answer your question, I think Ohio State is going to give us problems in the future.

I agree with this post. good stuff

I agree with Ohio State. For me, Wisconsin is going to be our new Oklahoma. Colorado. They are so much like us and there is that 'Barry Alvarez was a former Husker' thang too. But I could see Michigan being the new OU as well. I also agree with the 'Northwestern=Iowa State' as the pesky team that we will have to watch out for every year.

IF we get to beating them often - based on fan behavior only

I agree with this post. good stuff

:yeah

GBR!!!