LB Darian Claiborne [Texas A&M - Signed NLI]

Nexus

Two days removed from landing one of their top defensive prospects, the Aggies have scored big again Tuesday afternoon with a commitment from Port Allen (LA) linebacker Darian Claiborne. 247Sports ranks the 3-star defender as the No. 17 prospect in Louisiana.

Last night he told his coach and father that he wasn't close to making a decision, but he woke up this morning with a different mindset.

"Man, I can't stop smiling right now, I'm an Aggie," Claiborne told GigEm247. "It was weird, I woke up this morning and it felt right to hop on board. Now that its over it feels so special."

"I called up Coach Sumlin and told him I'm ready to be an Aggie. He said, "Are you sure?" I told him "GigEm". He just started laughing and said they're excited about having me."

The 6-foot-1, 220-pounder elaborated futher into his decision to become A&M's 23rd commitment for the class of 2013. "They're in the SEC, it's close to home and my mom can get to all my games," he said. "It feels so good right now. I can't stop smiling."

Matt Wallersted has been enamored with Claiborne since meeting him the fist time in February. He deserves a lot of credit for the Aggie's big pick-up on the eve of our Nation's Independence day.

"Coach Wally is a great coach and great guy," he said. "He's a big reason I'm an Aggie. He truly cares about me and cares about what's in the best interest of my future, other than just football. In the end, I wanted to be coached by him. I can't wait to call him and give him the news."

It appears this is the end of the recruiting process for the Louisana native.

"This is it for me," he said. "I have a lot of friends going to LSU and they keep saying how they're going to beat us and stuff. I can't wait to play LSU, beat them in Death Valley, my freshman year. It's going to happen."

Claiborne chose Texas A&M over Nebraska, TCU and Arkansas.

http://tamu.247sports.com/Article/YESSIR-Claiborne-Commits--79608

Debo #2? :(

Yes. He's a f'ing talent. I really wish we could get him here. If Debo would have came that would have put our class into the top tier of people last year. But I see him committing to AtM and then around November when LSU finally offers jumping ship.

Wait a minute???

Debo #2? :(

Yes. He's a f'ing talent. I really wish we could get him here. If Debo would have came that would have put our class into the top tier of people last year. But I see him committing to AtM and then around November when LSU finally offers jumping ship.

Wait a minute???

Close brotha, but Ags has little to fear. LSU loaded up with LBs last year, and got the one they absolutely wanted in Melvin Jones tis year and probably add Kendell Beckwith as icing on th cake, but many LSU peeps see Beckwith sliding down to DE a huge need for their class this year.

I guess the best chance of A&M getting Deboed would be NU to have a great year and flipping him. Don't see that happening though

• 5 months later...