Clean Program

I am I

kinda surprised no one has really brought this up. and if they have, i haven't seen it.

now that we find out that TCU had at least 4 players dealing grass along with statements gathered by undercover police by said players that at least 60% of the team would fail drug tests, are we more apt to take to heart that Bo always talks about running a clean program? A lot of programs (USC, tOSU, TCU, Miami, Bama, etc.) have now been put on some pretty serious negative sanctions/embarrassing light.

we all want 11 wins and conference championships every year, but i don't think any program is immune to getting in trouble, although it seems Bo and TO run a pretty tight ship, it does mean something, right?

13 wins and Trouble?

or 9-10 wins and no major embarrassment?

I'll take running a clean program over a dirty but successful program any day of the week. We have the talent to win it all and when we do, we'll know that we will have done it the right way.

Then you add in the highest team GPA ever. Yeah the ostriches are all right, Bo needs to go. And I hope I don't need to put the emoticon here

I order to compete, the rules need to be enforced across the board and sometimes changed ie over signing.

I would rather go 0-11 and have the only clean program in the country than some crooked a$$ program with wins. Less than 1% of the kids playing today will make a career in the NFL. Character counts in my book and is being taught by Bo and Co. Might not recruit like Saban, but at the end of the day I would rather have my kids learning that there is life after college football and get some character building (which will last long after the final whistle) along the way.

Unfortunately, as long as the NCAA looks differently at different programs and some get hammered while others get nothing disparity of performance based upon the integrity of the program will always exist.

I care about a clean program but it isn't the only thing. I don't want a program where we win because we play dirty, but I don't think it takes being dirty to win, either.

Having a clean program is important above all I guess, but I really think it is a more minority opinion than is represented in this thread. Look where that got Callahan in the opinion of most fans.

I care about a clean program but it isn't the only thing. I don't want a program where we win because we play dirty, but I don't think it takes being dirty to win, either.

Having a clean program is important above all I guess, but I really think it is a more minority opinion than is represented in this thread. Look where that got Callahan in the opinion of most fans.

True!

Look where is got Frank for only winning 10 games? Look at all the hate Bo gets for only winning 9 or 10 games?

Haha....how many times do you see the haters end a rant with "But he runs a clean program so he's ok in my book!"? Pretty close to a mathematical & statistical zero is my guess.

What's a clean program? I'd say we're clean if only couple or three--or even a handful--of guys get arrested each year. If you randomly selected 120 non-athlete college guys that's about what you'd get. A handful of arrests, mostly for DWI and sech.

Also by clean I'd say we don't have guys juicing to build muscle, and cleverly covering it up.