Time to decriminalize

Notice whenever we outlaw something it just goes underground and becomes even more of a nusance. It's time to decriminalize drugs and prostitution. People do drugs anyways and aren't afraid of getting caught. women are still selling themselves and risking getting caught. What's more sad is that the government spending billions of dollars that could go elsewhere. Educating the masses on tv is the thing. It worked for smoking. I don't personally agree with these things but i do know that things aren't getting any better and the cycle just repeats. There weren't be anymore cartels and diseases would go down as brothels could open up and testing happened more often. The way it is now is isn't working. Prohibition didn't work and only lasted a year. There was a time you could buy Coca-cola and it contained real cocaine. just legalize it.

I would definitely support the decriminalization of marijuana but I think that possession of harder drugs without a prescription should still be illegal. More importantly, I think our justice system should focus more on treatment for addictions rather than normal incarceration.

yeah but then you just shift from weed to harder drugs and never got rid of the problem. I do agree with you about treatment rather than jail time.

I would definitely support the decriminalization of marijuana but I think that possession of harder drugs without a prescription should still be illegal. More importantly, I think our justice system should focus more on treatment for addictions rather than normal incarceration.

I struggle with the idea of making harder drugs legal. I think logically it makes sense. If someone's really wants to use coke, they're going to do it whether it's legal or not. If they aquire it legally, at least they're not funding street gangs and drug cartels and what have you. Also, it would probably be lot safer because instead of buying it off the streets, where it can be laced with god-knows-what, they'd be using a safer product regulated by the FDA.

My problem with the criminalization of drugs is that we treat them differently from other dangerous items. Alcohol, guns - in those cases, we punish conduct. That is, we don't punish a person for having or even using those substances - we punish them if they, while using them, commit a crime (drunk driving, shooting someone whien your life isn't in danger, etc.). Why not treat drugs the same? What's the rationale?

My problem with the criminalization of drugs is that we treat them differently from other dangerous items. Alcohol, guns - in those cases, we punish conduct. That is, we don't punish a person for having or even using those substances - we punish them if they, while using them, commit a crime (drunk driving, shooting someone whien your life isn't in danger, etc.). Why not treat drugs the same? What's the rationale?

Origanally it was a combination of racism and job security for the new bureaucracy of the DEA...

Hemp needs to be legalized now, it's not even a drug.

Don't think I agree with that..................at some point being under the influence of marijuana, depending on the amount, can cause some motor skill issues. You can get picked up for OWI by either being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Let's say we legalize marijuana, I definately will never agree that other drugs should be legalized. Things like meth, crack, wet, etc. are very dangerous drugs and need to be illegal. Ever fought a 6'3" 250 man on wet? It took 7 of us to get him under control and that was after his femur was broken during the fight. He didn't even notice that it was broken.............scary as hell!

But there is a huge difference between what marijuana does compared to meth, crack, and heroin. The later three are some of the worst creations man has ever made and should never be legalized. Marijuana is arguably safer than alcohol and cigarets and as we are finding out may have medicinal properties.

Hemp needs to be legalized now, it's not even a drug.

Don't think I agree with that..................at some point being under the influence of marijuana, depending on the amount, can cause some motor skill issues. You can get picked up for OWI by either being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Let's say we legalize marijuana, I definately will never agree that other drugs should be legalized. Things like meth, crack, wet, etc. are very dangerous drugs and need to be illegal. Ever fought a 6'3" 250 man on wet? It took 7 of us to get him under control and that was after his femur was broken during the fight. He didn't even notice that it was broken.............scary as hell!

I said hemp, not pot or anything harder.

But I would support the legalization of pot.

I don't even know what wet is.