Minter would be a great choice. Great character. Relational. Limited coaching experience. Knows D. Well respected outside football. IIRC, has actually relocated to Lincoln so his son cn get more NU exposure. Was basically the Cpt of the D while with the Panthers. Has actually played incredibly well at the next level, at a high performance for numerous years. Ie the guy was actually a starter from the beginning to the end of an illustrious career.

You also won't have to worry about him saying one thing on Monday and doing the complete opposite on Tuesday.

http://www.mikeminter.com

Minter would be a great choice. Great character. Relational. Limited coaching experience. Knows D. Well respected outside football. IIRC, has actually relocated to Lincoln so his son cn get more NU exposure. Was basically the Cpt of the D while with the Panthers. Has actually played incredibly well at the next level, at a high performance for numerous years. Ie the guy was actually a starter from the beginning to the end of an illustrious career.

You also won't have to worry about him saying one thing on Monday and doing the complete opposite on Tuesday.

Minter is my first choice. He has close ties to Nebraska, he has ties to the league, he has coaching experience, and he is a well-spoken intelligent human being. And I think he would help us with recruiting the Carolina area; not only did he spend his career their, but he also coached a few years of high school there.

Minter is my first choice. He has close ties to Nebraska, he has ties to the league, he has coaching experience, and he is a well-spoken intelligent human being. And I think he would help us with recruiting the Carolina area; not only did he spend his career their, but he also coached a few years of high school there.

Look at the recent success USC has had with the Carolinas ie Latimore and Clowney. UGA just picked up two phonemes from Raleigh, NC IIRC. The Carolinas, Georgia area seem to have some really good talent that NU has never really recruited in to my knowledge. Minter would definitely help that.

IMO, take away the NU factor, and he is still a great hire. I know folks talk about coaching experience, but did Bo really have anything major until DC in 2003, Beck as OC, Paps from DLine to DC etc..... Bo does not have a history of going after guys who are great/good, but going after guys he trusts, knows and feels can be great. Other than not knowing Mike, he fits the bill. I think TO would speak highly of him as would Brown. Two guys Bo really appears to trust.

Fabian Washington, Ralph Brown, Mike Brown, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, DeJuan Groce, Mike Minter, Tyrone Williams. Did any of these guys graduate from Cardnial Mooney High School? If not, they are way down the list.

So, you only like favoritism when it's your favorite then?

• Fire 1
Fabian Washington, Ralph Brown, Mike Brown, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, DeJuan Groce, Mike Minter, Tyrone Williams. Did any of these guys graduate from Cardnial Mooney High School? If not, they are way down the list.

The only 2 former Huskers I can see being serious contenders would be Miles and Minter. Minter, imo would be a good hire for many of the reasons previously stated. Two other things in his favor 1) he volunteered with the team a few years back and he really helped Asante and O'Hanlon progress as players and 2) he is black. As bad as it may sound, we only have 1 black assistant coach on the team, and it is important to many players to have someone they can relate to on a more personal basis.

Personally, if it's not Minter, I like the talk of Ron Zook, but I just can't see him coming here as a secondary coach.

The only 2 former Huskers I can see being serious contenders would be Miles and Minter. Minter, imo would be a good hire for many of the reasons previously stated. Two other things in his favor 1) he volunteered with the team a few years back and he really helped Asante and O'Hanlon progress as players and 2) he is black. As bad as it may sound, we only have 1 black assistant coach on the team, and it is important to many players to have someone they can relate to on a more personal basis.

Personally, if it's not Minter, I like the talk of Ron Zook, but I just can't see him coming here as a secondary coach.

I agree about Minter, I was for Warfield but Minter just seems like the better move of the two. Your second point is very valid in my eyes, but I'll leave it at that.