What about Scott Frost? Played a little DB in the league, he has been coaching for a while, he is credited for landing the "Black Mamba" at Oregon, & a connection to the best era of Husker Football....

Oh and by the way this is my first post from a longtime lurker.... GBR!!!

Already said no to a positon job last year...............rumor was he wanted a coordinator's position to leave Oregon.......

What if he hears that the NCAA rumors are true and the hammer is gonna get dropped on Oregon?

In all fairness, they've been saying that for years, considering the relationship between Nike and Oregon, and nothing has come from it.

Granted, this instance is different, but I would be shocked if *anything* came from their latest transgressions, save for a slap on the wrist and Oregon being sent to bed without dinner.

What about Scott Frost? Played a little DB in the league, he has been coaching for a while, he is credited for landing the "Black Mamba" at Oregon, & a connection to the best era of Husker Football....

Already said no to a positon job last year...............rumor was he wanted a coordinator's position to leave Oregon.......

What if he hears that the NCAA rumors are true and the hammer is gonna get dropped on Oregon?

In all fairness, they've been saying that for years, considering the relationship between Nike and Oregon, and nothing has come from it.

Granted, this instance is different, but I would be shocked if *anything* came from their latest transgressions, save for a slap on the wrist and Oregon being sent to bed without dinner.

Nike, Phil Knight, Oregon = Ain't nothin gonna happen.

A lot folks would 'through' if Oregon got hammered.

huh?

Lol let me slow down for you..through, i.e. Finished, done or ruined career/fired/whatever other negative description that comes to mind. Things wouldn't end well for many if Oregon got in trouble.

huh?

Lol let me slow down for you..through, i.e. Finished, done or ruined career/fired/whatever other negative description that comes to mind. Things wouldn't end well for many if Oregon got in trouble.

Ahhh....A lot of folks would be 'through' if Oregon got hammered. The "of" helps readability, and when you don't attempt to use "through" as a verb it makes understanding what you're trying to get at much easier. Got it now.

• Fire 1

huh?

Ahhh....A lot of folks would be 'through' if Oregon got hammered. The "of" helps readability, and when you don't attempt to use "through" as a verb it makes understanding what you're trying to get at much easier. Got it now.

It definitely helps comprehension, so forgive me for my grammatical missteps.

What if he's a little dirty himself?

Former NFL STAR, NU Blackshirt, has AGAIN LIMITED coaching experience, most fans would enjoy seeing a former Husker great come back to the Huskers.

What things are significant? Oh that's right experience. How and where do you get this? That's right, someone allows you a shot. A lot of good Rayond did us, and Gilmore, Cally and Wats etc....... Sometimes you have to go with potential or perceived abilities instead of the black and white that a guy has coached ex number of years.

I agree with this line of thinking, whether it's a Nebraska Guy or not. I agree with you here that it would be a case of Nebraska giving him a shot based on perceived abilities and potential, which is kind of the opposite of a no brainer, splash hire.

Does Minter have any coaching experience?

33-4 as a HS coach in Concord, NC. Coached at Johnson C Smith in Charlotte, NC. 10 yrs starting safey for the Panthers, all pro etc..... Has ties to ACC country (plus for NU ie Clowney, Latimore, #1 rated QB or RB from Raleigh that went to UGA). Guy would be a big splash hire for sure. Character guy for sure. Hope it happens.

Didn't everybody complain the last time that we hired a high school football coach? I guess with Minter being a Nebraska alum, we wouldn't hear much about it this time.

Let's see.... Minter Pro Safety? Check

10 yr starter? Check

Played in Superbowl? Check

Played with broken foot from the 3rd quarter on in Superbowl? Check

Held sveral records with the Panthers? Check

Played at NU? Check

Coaching experience? Check (but limited)

Has ties to a region NU currently does not? Check

Very active in community? Check

No brainer hire? Check

From Youngstown Ohio - Unchecked.

Sorry Mike, you were nearly qualified in all other areas, but the Youngstown connection is the most important part of the application. I hear Joe Orduna might be looking for a job?

About 90% of you need to fire whoever writes your jokes. Really not all that funny and they are all the same.

Is there anyone else with a Youngstown connection other than Beck and Marrow? One was the passing game coordinator for one of the most prolific offenses in KU history and the other was a position coach at a MAC school and the UFL with NFL experience who currently fills a position an inexperienced newby would normally have. These guys aren't neccesarily slouches.

Please, for the sake of comedy, new material everyone.

Fabian Washington, Ralph Brown, Mike Brown, Daniel Bullocks, Josh Bullocks, DeJuan Groce, Mike Minter, Tyrone Williams. Did any of these guys graduate from Cardnial Mooney High School? If not, they are way down the list.

So, you only like favoritism when it's your favorite then?

The only 2 former Huskers I can see being serious contenders would be Miles and Minter. Minter, imo would be a good hire for many of the reasons previously stated. Two other things in his favor 1) he volunteered with the team a few years back and he really helped Asante and O'Hanlon progress as players and 2) he is black. As bad as it may sound, we only have 1 black assistant coach on the team, and it is important to many players to have someone they can relate to on a more personal basis.

Personally, if it's not Minter, I like the talk of Ron Zook, but I just can't see him coming here as a secondary coach.

:yeah Somehow I have the feeling it won't be either of them.

Pelini's area of expertise is the "back end" of the defense, he said. He said it'll be absolutely no issue for him to coach the secondary during the spring, with help from John Papuchis, if he doesn't have a new secondary coach in place by the March 10 commencement of drills. Pelini said it's possible he'll have a new assistant in place by the end of next week.

LINK

What if he's a little dirty himself?

Define "Little"??